Clear all

SAMPLES FROM MOTIF XF TO MONTAGE--HELP

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Robert
Topic starter

Sorry for the bad English ..
I have Motif XF, and I bought a montage.
I do not know how to switch your samples with the XF in the montage ..
On the XF have made save all, and put the USB stick in the montage and made a load, but some patterns can not find.how right to make a backup of the XF this montage

Can someone tell me the proper procedure,
can I cut one by one?
Can I delete from the montage they do not want? How to determine where to enroll me samples in the montage?

how to set up and deploy samples by category?

If they subsequently put a new sample on existing, I hope that we will not delete these, which are already up on flash memory ??

Is there a possibility to relocate the entire setup of the XF this montage voice, and performance?

thanks!! ROBERT-CROATIA;)

Posted : 08/01/2017 1:04 pm
david
Reputable Member

One point is that all of the Motif XF "voices" already reside inside the Montage each as a single part performance (Not called "voices" anymore). However, maybe you're asking about your own custom samples so I'll let someone else respond to that question.

Posted : 09/01/2017 4:07 am
Bad Mister

Hi Robert,

The Montage can Import the following data from the Motif XF:
VOICE data - each of the 512 User Voices and 32 User Drum Kits become Single Part Performance in Montage.
WAVEFORM - the Waveforms and the Samples they organize are converted and installed on the Montage Flash Memory
ARPEGGIO - the 256 User arpeggios are imported to the Montage

Not transferred is Master mode programs, Song data, Pattern data, Performance data, Mix Templates

The Montage can open and read Voices, Waveforms and Arpeggios from a Motif XF ALL data file (.X3A). It can additionally read ALL VOICE (.X3V) and ALL WAVEFORM (.X3W) files

Place a USB drive you use with your Montage/Motif XF in the To Device port of the Montage
Press [UTILITY]
Select "Contents" > "Load"
Set the Content Type = Library File
You can install the data from the Motif XF .X3A file directly to a Library slot inside the Montage. This ensures that you will be able to play, and decide which of these items you want to keep. They arrive in one of eight Library slots - each Library can hold 640 Montage Performances. You can view them as follows:

From the main Montage PERFORMANCE (HOME) screen:
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set the BANK to name of the Library you just installed
Set the MAIN = ALL
You are now looking at a listing of the converted PERFORMANCES... there are 544 of them (544/640).

Play through them - you can decide which ones you want to keep - later you can transfer just the ones you want to keep to the Montage USER BANK - which is empty (0/640) until you IMPORT data to it from this Library.

In [UTILITY]
Select "Contents" > "IMPORT LIBRARY"

You will find a Folder that contains all 544 of the Motif XF programs.
Touch the folder to enter it... touch "JOB" in the upper right corner, this will allow you to place a checkmark next to the ones you want to IMPORT to the USER Bank...

Once you have transferred the ones you wish to keep to the USER BANK... You can SAVE them to a new LIBRARY FILE. This NEW LIBRARY can be used to replace the original .

Posted : 09/01/2017 1:56 pm
Robert
Topic starter

Thank you for your answers ..all I solved the samples that I thought it was not upisao..bili are in another category, so I have al voice of my motif xf, now followed by stacking and setap.Vrlo quickly perforance work, especially if you have and motif with you.
I do not know whether it is Yamaha announced with some newer operating system to fix the insertion performance of the motif series in montage ??

I wonder how I can delete some voice samples that I put the montage flash..mogu you one by one, or ??

Posted : 09/01/2017 4:46 pm
Robert
Topic starter

how to make a backup montage with flash samples and performances on USB stick?, save all?
How to put Bosendorfer piano to existing samples, without being wiped?

Posted : 09/01/2017 5:26 pm
Bad Mister

I wonder how I can delete some voice samples that I put the montage flash..mogu you one by one, or ??

Press [UTILITY]
Select "Contents" > "IMPORT LIBRARY"

You will find a Folder that contains all 544 of the Motif XF programs.
Touch the folder to enter it... touch "JOB" in the upper right corner, this will allow you to place a checkmark next to the ones you want to IMPORT to the USER Bank...

Touch the box that says "Import to User Bank"
This will transfer just the selected data to your Montage internal USER Bank.
You can have them sorted Alphabetically (NAME) or you can have the sorted in order they were made and listed in the File (DATE)

How to put Bosendorfer piano to existing samples, without being wiped?

I'm not really sure of the question, but know that once data is installed to the Montage you cannot wipe it out by accident. You must either DELETE it or you must INITIALIZE the entire instrument.

Posted : 10/01/2017 1:21 am
Robert
Topic starter

Yamaha Motif XF has the option to save all, and load all
how to make the montage?
offers only save user data, but it did not flash and samples?
what is the procedure save all, and load all on montage

Posted : 10/01/2017 1:18 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, for not getting to your question earlier... but with the NAMM show just days away, and with the new firmware, I didn't want to give away any secrets ... but as I'm sure you know by now, this was observed, requested and solved... firmware 1.50 (available Feb 6th 2017)

You can now SAVE a Montage BACKUP data file. Please be warned, that this creates a backup of your entire Montage, the User Performance Bank, all Libraries, Waveforms, Arpeggios, Songs... everything. It should be used as a safety backup, and of course, if you go on the road and get a backline (rental) Montage... you can literally, install everything in the borrowed instrument.

Press [UTILITY]
Touch "Contents" > "Save/Store"
Set the Content Type = Backup File

This will create a Montage .X7A file. Obviously you only need this type on specific occasions and for long term storage (safety)

Hope that helps... it's not that we didn't see your question, it's just that it was a week or two too early! 🙂

Posted : 28/01/2017 11:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us