Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sampling

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is there a way to sample on the Montage 7? I have some samples from a Motif that I would like to recreate with the Montage.

Posted : 10/08/2017 11:38 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

No way to sample - but Motif waveforms (recent Motif models) are compatible and can be imported to Montage.

The current path to achieve sampling is to do sampling, loop-point, direction, cross-fade, etc. editing on a PC. Conversion of samples to Yamaha's Waveform format must be done with a 3rd party program then imported (as a Motif XF or compatible format) into Montage.

Posted : 10/08/2017 2:15 pm

Now started using some samples for projects
from them : https://www.lucidsamples.com

Attached files

Posted : 11/08/2017 9:28 am
Bad Mister

Is there a way to sample on the Montage 7? I have some samples from a Motif that I would like to recreate with the Montage.

There is no sampler in the Montage... if you have Motif XS/XF Waveforms, then you can load these directly into your Montage... no third party software is necessary.

Compatible file formats that can load Motif series Waveforms include
Motif XF: .X3A, .X3V, .X3W
Motif XS: .X0A, .X0V, .X0W

And while most data loads without issue, there are some libraries that use a different compression scheme that don't transfer... but if you created the data yourself for Motif XS/XF it will probably load without issue.

Engineers have quietly added several more file formats that Montage can import (MOXF) since its release.

When it is stated that the file formats are compatible it means that the Montage will be able extract certain data... Voices, Arpeggios and Waveforms.
From the ALL data files it will convert each USER VOICE to a Single Part Performance; it will Import any User Arpeggios, and of course, any User Waveforms including those recorded to the Motif's Integrated Sampling Sequencer.
From the ALL VOICE files it will convert the User Voices and the User Waveforms.
From the ALL WAVEFORM files it will convert just the User Waveforms.

Posted : 12/08/2017 3:02 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us