Notifications
Clear all

Scenes - How to select default start Scene

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 al
Topic starter

The more I dive into the Montage, the more amazed I am with it. Kudos to Yamaha!

As I scroll through perforamces, specifically the ones with Scenes, I notice that they do not always start with Scene #1. Scene #3 for example may be the highlighted starting point. For my personal work flow, As I create scenes, my preference is that they start at #1 and move along sequentially. As I play a song I may jump non-sequentially depending on the section of the song (verse, chorus, etc.), for drum fills and things like that, but I always start a song with scene #1.

Thank being said, for existing presets, How can I set Scene #1 as the default starting point?

Posted : 04/03/2019 1:59 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

1) Recall your custom performance
2) Press a scene button to illuminate it bright blue
3) [STORE] to overwrite your current performance (if it was a User Performance) or rename to a different name if you want to keep the original

When you store a Performance to save it - any scene currently selected will be the default scene when recalling this Performance.

Posted : 04/03/2019 4:40 pm
 al
Topic starter

Thanks so much Jason. The responses from both you and Bad Mister are incredible. I appreciate your patience and professionalism with "Newbies". You guys are a plethora of knowledge!

I followed the steps and it works nicely. I found that when saving any performances not created by me, the system forces you to "[Store as New Performance]" whereas a User Performance gives the option of either overwriting the performance or saving as a new performance. In other words, the built-in factory presets cannot be saved since they are "Read Only".

I realize you know that. I am just putting it here incase anyone else has the same question.

Posted : 04/03/2019 8:20 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You cannot overwrite a preset (built-in factory sounds). Presets are read-only. Therefore, no overwrite option is given. Your user content is in read/write memory - so you are presented with a choice to overwrite or not.

Posted : 05/03/2019 1:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us