Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sequencer play/stop/rec enable through midi?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jens
Topic starter

I would like to be able to start, stop and rec enable the Montage sequencer through midi. I have a Keith McMillen 12 Step foot controller, and it would be an improved workflow to use the feet to control the sequencer and let the hands play. I have the foot switch set to play/stop already, but the rec enable requires hand interaction. I looked at the midi specification but did not find anything suitable.

Posted : 30/05/2020 8:56 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The only transport controls I see specifically referenced are start and stop. There's a way to filter transmit or/and receive of these. This feature was available before PORT-2 DAW remote features were added - so it's likely these can come in through PORT-1 which would generally be easier to deal with when using external gear.

That doesn't help you with record, however.

I looked through the new features document and see, in DAW mode, the facility to assign buttons to record enable using the NUMBER C [1]-[8] buttons. But that's not what you want.

Posted : 30/05/2020 8:37 pm
Bad Mister

In order to place the sequencer into record, you must directly press a button on the MONTAGE front panel.
Press Record — You will be placed into a blank sequencer location, and are placed in Rec Standby.
From this condition you can use standard MIDI commands for transport control.

If it receives a Play message while Record Standby is active, it will enter record

Also the Record Rehearse function is activated by directly tapping the Rec button while the instrument is in Record.

Posted : 31/05/2020 1:03 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us