Notifications
Clear all

Sequencing Capabilities

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Chin
Topic starter

I understand that the Montage does not have a full blown workstation sequencer. It only has a direct performance recorder. I have some questions:

1. How do I know which measure I'm in when recording?

2. Is it possible to create loops, as in loop a, loop b and so on. Since it's a scratch pad to try out ideas, I think this will be useful. Something like Ableton live or even Cubase.

3. Before sending everything to a DAW, how to know which track of the let say 8 parts are in which track?

4. If any of these features are not currently in the Montage, any possibility that they be included in a future firmware update.;)

Thanks.

Posted : 27/02/2017 11:30 am
Bad Mister

1. How do I know which measure I'm in when recording?

There is a measure and beat counter

2. Is it possible to create loops, as in loop a, loop b and so on. Since it's a scratch pad to try out ideas, I think this will be useful. Something like Ableton live or even Cubase.

There is no loop record. But it is possible to create phrases that can be turned into Arpeggio phrases; Arpeggio phrase can be set to play once or loop. The Montage comes with Cubase or you can use Ableton to record looping phrases

3. Before sending everything to a DAW, how to know which track of the let say 8 parts are in which track?

Each Part's data is found on a correspondingly numbered MIDI Channel to a similarly numbered Track. You simply drag and drop the Montage Song into the DAW it will be broken out (Dissolved) one MIDI Channel per Track.

4. If any of these features are not currently in the Montage, any possibility that they be included in a future firmware update.;

the Montage series, like the Motif-series before it will have updates from time to time, it is not known at this time what those will contain until they are released.

Posted : 27/02/2017 12:27 pm
 Chin
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply.

Posted : 01/03/2017 7:21 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us