Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Software required to record Montage USB output as multichannel audio..

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I understand that I can record Montage performances, with up to 16 channels of stereo audio, as well as recording MIDI data, all via USB.

I use Adobe Audition as my audio editor. Can I use that program to record the multichannel audio from the USB ?. Audition is great as a multi-track audio recorder and editor, but rubbish at handling MIDI data.

I realise most folk will probably being using Cubase, but it would be nice to record the multi-track audio outputs to Audition - and not the MIDI data - if that's possible?

What does the Montage USB connection actually require at the computer end - to allow the multi-track audio to be recorded?

Posted : 23/04/2016 2:31 pm
Bad Mister

In order to use the Montage's 32 audio bus outputs you wil need the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for your computer type and operating system. This is a special low latency ASIO driver that will handle both MIDI and audio communication. You can use your favorite DAW; Adobe Audition should work fine.
The driver is available for download at the official Yamaha download site: http://download.yamaha.com

Posted : 23/04/2016 7:44 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for that information Phil

Posted : 23/04/2016 8:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us