Clear all

[SOLVED] Yamaha Montage SysEx - Toggle Master FX and Master EQ

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Petr
Topic starter

Hello dear Yamaha users,
I'd like to toggle Master FX and Master EQ by SysEx messages, however it does not seem to work. Maybe I am missing something.

Messages that do not work (and I suppose they should):

Master FX Switch off: F0 43 10 7F 1C 02 30 46 47 00 F7
Master EQ Switch off: F0 43 10 7F 1C 02 30 45 14 00 F7

However, for example, following messages work:

Direct Monitor off: F0 43 10 7F 1C 02 00 00 27 00 F7 (works also for activation with data byte 01)
Local Control off: F0 43 10 7F 1C 02 00 00 09 00 F7 (works also for activation with data byte 01)

Firmware version is 3.51.0, I am referring to Data List for the same version.

Could some good soul point me to correct solution, please?
Additionally, is it possible to set up Montage to send SysEx messages for settings toggled on its touch screen? That would be super-helpful!

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:01 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Additionally, is it possible to set up Montage to send SysEx messages for settings toggled on its touch screen?

No such feature.

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:19 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

BTW: These Sysex messages toggle Master and EQ on/off at the Performance Common level - which is not the same as the FX on/off settings globally (for all Performances).

Apply these Sysex messages while looking at Edit - Common/Audio: "Effect" -> "Routing" menu. You'll see MFX and EQ turn on/off at this level. Which is a different level than the effect switches at the system-wide level.

If there's a way to change the system-wide settings, they are not documented.

Posted : 26/05/2022 3:51 pm
 Petr
Topic starter

Thank you both!

I was not aware there are two kinds of "Master FX". Now it makes sense, thank you both!

Out of curiosity, I tried all of the reserved system addresses, (just in case there was documentation issue) but none of them worked.

Bill, thank you for making the explanation crystal clear! It was very confusing, indeed

Posted : 26/05/2022 6:14 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Poking around reserved bits may have unintended consequences. Backup is your friend.

Posted : 26/05/2022 10:22 pm
Antony
Estimable Member

[quotePost id=116987]Thank you both!

I was not aware there are two kinds of "Master FX". Now it makes sense, thank you both!

[/quotePost]

To be clear, there are not two kinds of System and Master FX.

There are 2 locations where they can be switched on and off.

#1 - In the Edit Performance Level. This would be the "correct" way to do it, if you intended to Store the Performance with the FX on or off. This can be SysEx controlled.

#2 - Global Override (In the Utility menu, or "FX" shortcut icon at top in screen banner). This is more of a disable/enable function. My presumption is that this shortcut allows you to hear the "raw" or "dry" Performance. It disables the FX in the system, regardless of which Performance you "load".

Posted : 27/05/2022 9:57 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us