Notifications
Clear all

Sound Talking, Sound Thinking: MODX A/D Input and Workflow with Scott Brackett

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

Check out Professor Scott Brackett's helpful breakdown of MODX A/D inputs here!

Posted : 27/03/2019 4:37 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

Yes I have a question about something in the video. at 12.34 he triggers several rhythm tracks pressing 1 key. They all keep playing. However all I can see is one part 5 that has arp hold ON. How are the other parts 1-4 still playing the arps without arp hold on? Maybe thats not whats actually happening but I see the volume meters rising. Perhaps its reverbs or sustains

Posted : 28/03/2019 10:28 am
Bad Mister

Yes I have a question about something in the video. at 12.34 he triggers several rhythm tracks pressing 1 key. They all keep playing. However all I can see is one part 5 that has arp hold ON. How are the other parts 1-4 still playing the arps without arp hold on?

There are several ways in which Arp Phrases can be ‘held’ when simply placing ARP On/Off = On (not Arp Hold) _ by simply holding down the Key (or Keys) set to control it (which is what happens at 12:34, and they (Parts 1-5) continue until he finally fully releases the left hand at around 13:09);
_ also the Arps can be set to toggle On on first press, then Off on the next press...
_ also the Sustain pedal, which on electronic instruments, takes the place of holding played notes by hand — since holding down keys causes the Arp to run, they will continue to run while the Sustain pedal is engaged.

Posted : 28/03/2019 11:34 am
Member Admin
Topic starter

thanks. I guess he is still holding the keys down after all.

Posted : 28/03/2019 12:05 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us