Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Split arpeggio hold performance problem

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a problem with Arpeggio HOLD in a performance.

Situation is the following:

Split is C3

Got 5 parts playing arpeggios (MA_Random Oct 1) in left hand + 1 part doing a drum kick, right hand is a lead synth.

If i play a chord in left hand and lift the hand then arps plays fine with HOLD.
However that HOLD stops with only the kick playing when i try to play the lead synth in right hand. ??

EDIT: Solved the problem with in Common - Note Limit

Posted : 05/10/2017 1:42 am
Bad Mister

There are two Note Limits you need to concern yourself with.
Part Note Limits and Arp Note Limits.

Part Note Limits will restrict the notes that sound
Arp Note Limits will restrict the notes that control/trigger

The Part Note Limit could be used to remove Latin Percussion from a Drum Arp, or conversely to allow only the Latin percussion to sound and remove the standard kit drum sounds.
Perhaps you only like the hi hats from a particular drum Arp, using the Part Note Limits you could restrict the region to just the notes containing the hihats.

By contrast, the Arp Note Limit could be restricted to one specific Key, and only when that Key was touched would it trigger the Arps. This is useful when you want to play a rubato introduction and have the drums triggered by the last Note you play... use your imagination. Since Drum Arps require no further control you can hide the trigger note anywhere on the keyboard. It only affects the triggering of the Arp.

With a pitched instrument like a bass, you can keep the pitch control actively functioning in a specific region separate from the notes that are sounding... also among your Arp Edit parameters you can Octave Shift the phrase.

Then you have Velocity Range, as well...

Posted : 05/10/2017 3:46 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us