Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

still don´t get it - memory handling

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

just loaded some own waveforms via utility/data content/load /library. so, itś in my montage. i can see them and a can play them. how to load the waveforms now into the user area? if i use the library import feature, nothing is shown. again, simple question: how to move loaded waveforms via library loading, into the user area? i want to sort out my best waveforms and save them with created patches as my user library.

siggi

Posted : 23/06/2016 9:51 pm
Bad Mister

just loaded some own waveforms via utility/data content/load /library. so, itś in my montage. i can see them and a can play them. how to load the waveforms now into the user area? if i use the library import feature, nothing is shown. again, simple question: how to move loaded waveforms via library loading, into the user area? i want to sort out my best waveforms and save them with created patches as my user library.

Hi Siggi,
If you loaded a Waveform file, we presume you are referring to a Motif XF .X3W file (although you don't say specifically), did you know, you can load your Waveform file directly into the USER area.

[UTILITY] > select "Contents" > "Load"
Set the "Contents Type" = USER file
This will allow you to put all your Waveforms directly in the USER area. Create the Parts you desire from the Waveforms.
Once you have everything as you like .... SAVE as a LIBRARY file, which can then be installed to the Library area.

Posted : 24/06/2016 3:50 am
Topic starter

Hi BM,

sorry, i don´t make it clear. This is what i did: I created some waveforms with app "motif waveform editor" and saved this set as a X3A file. Then i load this set in a Montage library bank. So, my question is: How to import the waveforms from the library bank into the user bank?

Siggi

Posted : 26/06/2016 12:04 pm
Bad Mister

sorry, i don´t make it clear. This is what i did: I created some waveforms with app "motif waveform editor" and saved this set as a X3A file. Then i load this set in a Montage library bank.

Again, did you know you can load a Motif XF File directly into the Montage USER area?

You want the data in the USER area if you are going to edit it and prepare it for the Library. Library data is READ ONLY MEMORY, much the same way that the Presets are Read Only. While the data is in the USER area you can make and store changes. When you finally have the entire data load exactly as you like it, that's when you SAVE AS a LIBRARY FILE which creates a .X7L File.

It is this file when loaded that installs your Library to one of eight Montage locations.

How to import the waveforms from the library bank into the user bank?

Data that has already been installed in a Library can be imported to the USER area using the UTILITY function called "Import Library".

In your case, you should simply Load your Motif XF file into USER
Work on what you want to fix, add, etc.
Then save as a new Library .x7L

Posted : 27/06/2016 12:40 pm
Topic starter

Again, did you know you can load a Motif XF File directly into the Montage USER area?

yes, i know. But it will erase my existing user content.

Data that has already been installed in a Library can be imported to the USER area using the UTILITY function called "Import Library".

That was my problem. "Import Library" doesn´t showed any files. I found out that i made a mistake in the app "Motif Waveform Editor". I saved my waveforms - without creating voices - as a X3A File. So after loading this file, i had only the waveforms in one of Montage´s Library slot without the voices. After correcting my mistake i can see now the the single performances with the "Library Import" feature.
Thanks for your patience! Problem solved 🙂

best, Siggi

Posted : 27/06/2016 1:03 pm
Bad Mister

Ok, I understand!

Posted : 27/06/2016 1:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us