SUSTAIN NOT RECORDED

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

When I play a piano or guitar sound using the sustain pedal everything is OK

But I noticed that if I try to record on a track what I'm playng, the sustain is not recorded

Am I missing something? Is there any setting to pay attention?

Posted : 11/10/2019 12:53 pm
Stefan

It certainly works for me. Are you maybe pressing the pedal before the actual recording starts? If yes, then the event which is before the recording will not be heard and you will have no sustain until you release and press the next time?

Posted : 11/10/2019 2:13 pm
Bad Mister

Exactly, a common mistake is to press the pedal prior to record, which means you’ll hear it as you play, but if that cc64=On event is not documented, it will not playback properly. And conversely, you must record the cc64=Off command before the end of recording. I think I made mention in the article how important it is to stay within the lines... neatness counts!

When recording in a Loop (cycle record) all commands must be in order and take place so they play normally when played linearly. If you let go of the Sustain pedal too late, you wind up recording a Sustain Off command back in Measure 1.

With Sustain, always press after the start of record, and always release before recording ends. If you fail to document these properly the data instructs the Tone Generator to follow the commands where placed. Remember, you are not recording sound, you are recording a series of encoded messages that when played back cause the synth to respond.

Posted : 11/10/2019 3:36 pm
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I will try asap, most probably that was my mistake

Posted : 11/10/2019 9:02 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us