Notifications
Clear all

sustain pedal or other switch pedal

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi which pedal are the most fun to work with on the montage? I have never used pedals. will the sustain pedal hold done the last key presses while I play a solo on a multi part performance? What other pedals are most useful for live performance? I know FC7 can do the super knob and so forth. What Im trying to do is play the performance then play the lead with pitch bend and not have the performance drums and so forth cut out. I know I can use Arp Hold but Im thinking there is a better way. Thanks in advance

Posted : 15/12/2021 7:54 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

Just get the FC7 (or an equivalent) and a sustain pedal. You can do complex layers and splits AND isolate pitch bend to only the parts you want, so you won't need a switch for that kind of separation of activities.

But you REALLY need the FC7 (or an equivalent). That SuperKnob should come with one. It's so important to enjoying the product that it's truly odd it's not glued to the case when you open it up.

The layering and splitting is VERY powerful, and includes divisions for arps and drums that are (whilst completely counter intuitive) able to give you enormous control of 8 concurrent parts, individually.

Posted : 15/12/2021 11:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us