Notifications
Clear all

Syncing hardware from Montage Arpeggiator

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

Been a while since I have had to ask for help on this forum but I have a good query.
I want to clock sync a number of analogue synths and drum machines via MIDI signal from may Montages' arpeggiator ( NO D.A.W.).

I have a Behringer MS1, Behringer RD8, Behringer TD3 , Boss RC505 and a Playtime Engineering Blipblox. Any advice?

Many thanks

Jason

Posted : 14/04/2021 3:49 pm
Bad Mister

On the MONTAGE
Press [UTILITY] > touch “Settings” > “MIDI I/O”
Here you can make sure the MIDI I/O setting is set to the MIDI Output you will be using. For example, if you are using a 5-pin MIDI cable set “MIDI” as active (green).
If you want the MONTAGE to be master Clock, set the “MIDI Sync” = Internal
Make sure “Clock Out” is On.

Consult the documents of your other devices so they follow MIDI Clock coming from the MONTAGE.
You probably should invest in a device that can distribute MIDI clock to all of your devices... it will need to be able to split the one incoming MIDI data stream and send clock to multiple simultaneous ports. Using MIDI THRU to daisy chain multiple devices only works for a few devices. It is best to get one device with multiple connections to divide the clock signal.

Posted : 14/04/2021 5:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us