Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

synthtopia.com mentions important online petition re montage!

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 lars
Topic starter

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/07/22/k-sounds-intros-organimation-for-yamaha-montage/#comment-1348413

everyone should sign it imo.

Posted : 23/07/2017 3:22 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello lars - it seems to me that the great majority of the 'update' requests are to do with arranging music, but the Montage was never claimed to be an Arranger - that slot is very adequately filled by the Tyros. So it seems that many people bought the wrong instrument in the first place. I bought it as a synthesiser pure and simple, which the Tyros is not. So rather than ask Yamaha to make it into an Arranger, I'd much rather they concentrated on making it a more useful synthesiser.

Posted : 23/07/2017 6:21 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

It start by "the Montage is actualy a bad instrument" , lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll just because there is no complete sequencer function it's a bad instrument, i do not want a complete sequencer function on Montage, i have cubase and cubasis for that who do it with more functions that it can be put inside Montage.

Posted : 23/07/2017 7:18 am
Paul
 Paul

Hi,

I´m from Germany and my English is not so good.
so let me tell I cannot follow the opinion, that Montage is a bad instrument.
It is an other instrument than my last motif xf, but I like it. You must learn how to manage it, its not the same way as the montage. But if you are familiar with it, its easier to handle, especially in live situation.

Tho only thing I hope that it will be updated in a further OS is the posibility of 16 parts via the key (not only via MIDI) and to give every part my own Cahnnel number, if I need it.

Posted : 23/07/2017 3:54 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

This petition is a leftover from last year.
Some guy that went by 'Bernd' came in here badmouthing the Montage and everytime he was set straight on a feature he insited was lacking, he ratcheted up the rhetoric.
He claimed that "Sven" (the person that started the poll was his brother in-law though nobody believed it. It was believed by most in here that 'Berndf" and "Sven" are one and the same.

Bernd eventually left.

Reading the posting history of Lars makes it appear that Bernd has returned albeit with a different screen name.

Posted : 27/07/2017 12:01 am

I haven't looked at the petition nor do I know exactly what its about. But some aspects of the Montage as it relates to using it for recording... are disappointing at this point. To have these gorgeous well crafted sounds that can morph beautifully to each other... and the capability to express those sounds is what makes this synth exciting to own. But, it is disappointing when you can't record the Montage so it plays back in Cubase with the same patches you selected and the same smooth morphing between patches. In fact, the Montage doesn't provide program numbers so Cubase can record them. And if you endure the pain of assigning program numbers one at a time to the patches, when Cubase executes a program change ...the Montage glitches and hiccups just like the old synths from the early days. So much of Montages beauty is lost if you try to record it with Cubase or any other DAW.

Posted : 27/07/2017 4:04 pm
david
Reputable Member

It's not a workstation. Better for taking into a studio and making a record using a player with a band in real time. Or playing it in real time on stage during a concert. It might be too complex for effective DAW use. Plus, you loose the character, nuance and the PAC when going digital. It's best for real pro players who don't make mistakes during real time recordings and performances. Ya'll know better than me, I just enjoy the real time capabilities of Montage. Some single-performances have so many parts that only one single-performance can be played at one time. It needs 16 parts under keyboard control desperately. It can do it remotely, all 16 parts, so I'm not sure why it can't do it internally without using a MIDI jumper cable.

Posted : 28/07/2017 9:06 pm
Sladjan

david wrote:
Plus, you loose the character, nuance and the PAC when going digital.

This is certainly not a reason to be against better sequencer functions although I myself don't need them either. The Montage is a digital keyboard. The sounds are stored and created digitally. The "character" is already digitally memorized and all nuances are digitally created.

Posted : 29/07/2017 7:47 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us