Clear all

SYSEX BULK DUMP?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Michael
Topic starter

Question:

I work with a Montage and Digital Performer running on an iMac.

For many years, using many workstation instruments (mostly Yamahas), I have saved the current mix via SYSEX BULK DUMP into the associated Digital Performer song file. It's then very easy to call up a song in Digital Performer and send the corresponding SYSEX FILE into the MOXF8 (for example). This puts the Yamaha right back where I left it, with each of the 16 parts set up with programs, volumes, pans, effects, etc.

When using the Montage in MULTI/GM/16-PART mode, is it possible to send a SYSEX BULK DUMP of that Performance into Digital Performer for storage?

Posted : 01/03/2018 4:33 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The commands for SysEx bulk dumps are documented in the Data List PDF. Montage Connect serves the function you are alluding to. You can perhaps entertain that route.

Posted : 01/03/2018 5:00 am
Bad Mister

Digital Performer can run MONTAGE CONNECT (available as a VST/AU plug-in). Get MONTAGE CONNECT version 1.0.3 to go with firmware 2.00
This software utility can run in the background in your DAW. If you set it up so AUTO SYNC is On, it will dutifully (and automatically) take a Sysex dump when you close your DP session, and will restore your MONTAGE automatically when next you open that project.

It can run completely in the background, or if you like, you can run it as a standalone application... and manually archive your Performances.
It is the solution you require.

You can find on by going to the Yamaha.com site and navigating to the MONTAGE product page, and clicking on "Downloads".

Posted : 01/03/2018 10:38 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us