Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

SysEx Command to change/select LIVE SET USER Banks?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I think it's great that we can select Performances and LIVE SET Pages via MIDI Pgm Change. I'm wondering if there is a way (SysEx Command?) to change/select LIVE SET USER Banks?

Also, is there a way to change the name of each User Bank? I was thinking of having a User Bank for each band/project I play in.

Thank you,
G

Posted : 24/07/2016 11:45 pm
Bad Mister

I think it's great that we can select Performances and LIVE SET Pages via MIDI Pgm Change. I'm wondering if there is a way (SysEx Command?) to change/select LIVE SET USER Banks?

This was added in firmware v1.10 and later. This allows you to remotely select and program slot of your User LIVE SETs. See the Supplemental Manual (New Feature v1.10) it comes with the download.

It uses regular Bank Select and Program Change messages as outlined on page 11 of the Supplemental Manual. MSB/LSB followed by a Program Change. If you need help, let us know.

Also, is there a way to change the name of each User Bank? I was thinking of having a User Bank for each band/project I play in.

Yes, you can Name each Bank and each Page in your User Live Set area. See page 184 in the Reference Manual for details.

Once you are in EDIT on your Live Set you can touch the current default name and open the Name function for both the Bank and the Page in that Bank.

Posted : 25/07/2016 10:28 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the speedy reply Phil,

On P.11 of the Supplemental Manual for version 1.10 I see the chart to select both the LIVE SET Page and the Slot; however, I do not see any command to select the User Banks (upper left of LIVE SET page). Am I missing a page or looking in the wrong document?

Thanks again,
G

Posted : 28/07/2016 10:48 am
Bad Mister

You are looking at the right page in the right document and those are User "Live Sets".

User 1, Slot 1 would be as follows:

User 1 - MSB 62/LSB 0; Slot 1 = 0

If you have registered a Performance to a Live Set Bank and Slot, it is automatically associated with the MSB/LSB and Program number 0-15 corresponding to the Slot. Please note your device may number program Changes starting at 1, rather than 0.

Posted : 28/07/2016 1:06 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Forgive me for being dense here Phil, but I'm still missing something.

What you are referring to as "User 1 - MSB 62/LSB 0" only gives me control over the 16 Pages and their 16 Slots. So it only changes the Pages/Slots WITHIN the User1 Bank. I'm wanting to change the Bank, not the Page within the current Bank. I tried 'MSB 63' but that did not change the User 1 Bank to User 2 Bank.

Please advise,
G

Posted : 29/07/2016 10:20 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Forgive me for being dense here Phil, but I'm still missing something.

What you are referring to as "User 1 - MSB 62/LSB 0" only gives me control over the 16 Pages and their 16 Slots. So it only changes the Pages/Slots WITHIN the User1 Bank. I'm wanting to change the Bank, not the Page within the current Bank. I tried 'MSB 63' but that did not change the User 1 Bank to User 2 Bank.

Please advise,
G

Attached files

Posted : 29/07/2016 10:22 pm
Bad Mister

No, no, I'm sorry. I see these as Bank Select and Program Change settings for changing Live Set programs within the "current" Bank. If you start in Preset these refer to Preset Live Set locations, if you start in User X Bank, they refer to programs within User X. Same with Live Sets stored in Libraries, it would be the 256 slots of the current Bank within that Library. I don't think they made specific messages for all the possible Banks... Just the "current" Bank..

I will inquire, but that's how I'm reading it.

Posted : 30/07/2016 8:26 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us