the Cubase AI8 version given with the Montage

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ron
 Ron
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi i need some help on how i can install again the free Cubase AI8 version given with the Montage?? i like to install the cubase AI8 on my new windows 10 desktop pc while my older winows 7 pc is dead so i can not find any install or and cubase account info [also not in mail box] is there a option to make a new account with the same codecs Cubase AI8 version given with the Montage ????

Posted : 01/10/2017 12:03 pm
Bad Mister

This is why you create a MySteinberg Account when you installed it initially. Log into your MySteinberg Account it will have your information and allow you setup a license on your new computer.

Forgot your Account... click on “Access issues?” They’ll email you.

Posted : 01/10/2017 1:07 pm
Ron
 Ron
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you very mush Bad Mister for this qucik help..!! i have the cubase ai8 back on my new windows 10 installed..

Posted : 02/10/2017 1:16 pm
Bad Mister

There is no real downside to registering your software. Glad you're back in business!

Posted : 03/10/2017 7:53 pm
Ron
 Ron
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well back in business , ??. i'm not a DAW kind a guy !! and i try to use several times and almost all DAW 's like ableton-sonar-logic-pro tools and also cubase versions. but for me it is not really a way to have fun recording music , ok i;m a old fashion grand pa,and not so handy with computers and sure not all the for me complex daw music production software. most be because i"m used to work like on my Yamaha Motif to do all my multi track recordings in pattern or and song mode. and also with the Yamaha Montage i do all my edited multi parts performance recording on the performance recorder, and it would be nice that i could edit and split the midi recordings multi parts that seems to be possible in cubase.?? for now i still use a very old and simple software [Cool Edit 2.0 ] and my Motif xs audio out L/R to audio in L/R on the montage to can play and record both synths at the same time or and recordng in several recording tracks in the Cool Edit software . and for me that works perfect.. On the other hand i like try to again and learn to work with the Cubase AI 8 + the Montage Connect software, so who knows if or when i"m back to business .. ?? -LOL- and can have the same fun making music like always with that old Cool Edit 2.0
how ever i am so far .the Cubase AI.8 is on my Pc and i follow your very handy -5- video tutorials yamaha montage Cubase set up.. which are very helpful.
Thank you sir. Bad Mister.. !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvT6zXOb5W0

Posted : 06/10/2017 1:25 pm
Bad Mister

Yes setting up is not fun for most people. However I have two things to say about that...
1) you only need to do it that first time (if you setup to remember your selections) much like configuring a game for your computer - you do it once correctly, then every time, and I mean every time thereafter, it just works.
2) in the case of music software setup, it can only help you be creative if you understand the items you configure (this is not required - but is the difference from being lost and being “a DAW kind of guy”.

You need to get to this point. And recognize that before you are setup correctly, thinking you need to do it every time intimidates the newbie... in reality, once configured properly, you just get to work. Until you get to that point it’s unnecessarily intimidating.

Even without being “that guy” you must recognize that the computer DAW is more than a trend, it’s beyond trending, it officially here as a method of documenting music productions.

Posted : 07/10/2017 1:19 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us