Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

The problem is in mono legato and portamento.

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello developers Yamaha Montage. I write to you with great disappointment. You need to fix the function mono legato and portamento fingered.

It is a pity that there is no sampler and multisampler function in this wonderful synthesizer for creating native sounds.

Through some program I will convert the multisample, then the sound does not play correctly. When mono legato and portamento could not achieve the desired result. The sound with a smooth game jumps like a grasshopper. There is no smooth sounding like the example of Korg and Roland. In addition to the montage, I have Korg Kronos and Roland Fantom. There samples are very nice and smooth sound. Look at what these models have in the function values ​​in the settings and fix it! For Eastern music is not at all guessing. Because all keyboard players buying your synthesizers quickly get rid of. If you want to conquer the eastern market, then listen to me. And I already decided to sell my Montage. If in the near future there will be no concrete answers from you, that I will be very sorry. Good luck!

Write to my mail. I can rarely come here.
Tsakhidis@mail.ru

Posted : 08/03/2019 7:20 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

This is known behavior with requests dating back many generations ago. Motif shared the same limitation in using samples for gliding.

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/mono-legato-and-portamento
https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/legato-single-voice

Posted : 08/03/2019 5:40 pm
Topic starter

And where are these developers? Do they not want to sell their product anymore? Having lost one customer, they lose dozens. Because I am disappointed in the montage and decided to get rid of. No one else would recommend this model to buy.

This is a problem for playing Greek, Turkish, Arab and other Eastern instruments sounds. Praise from Korg. They listen to all wishes and advice and are corrected.

Posted : 08/03/2019 7:49 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

The developers are aware of this issue and it may be added in a future OS update. I'm sorry that this single feature is such a deal breaker because there is so much in MONTAGE to love if you would take some time with it. The fact that it is a platform-based synth that has had now 5 updates should encourage you. There are more coming and MONTAGE will continue to evolve.

Posted : 08/03/2019 9:29 pm
Topic starter

I noticed that in a short time there are a lot of updates and it makes me happy. If Montage corrects this and is well tuned mono legato i portamento, then he will not be priced! Even then, will be a big competitor to Korg Kronos. Yes! This problem has a very large role in the game of the Greek folk, Turkish folk, Caucasian folk and Armenian, etc. Sample instruments. All samples immersed from these sounds require the correct portamento and legato. I, as a master tuner and creator of the sample sounds of folk instruments, I have many clients with whom I work and every day I call all new musicians for my advice on their various problems. While I can not advise them to buy a montage. The entire Middle East prefer to buy the Korg brand. Because there is a convenient functionality and there are many possibilities of sampling. Hopefully in the next month we will receive a new update. Otherwise, I will sell my montage. Good luck.

Posted : 09/03/2019 4:32 am
Topic starter

I have Korg Kronos, Korg pa4x, Roland Fantom x6 besides Montage and I am pleased with these tools except Montage. Fix it in the near future and Montage will be a big competitor. Add a sampler and multisampler system. Montage is a very serious tool for me! But why did you make this child waveform function. How can one achieve one wave live instrument? Ridiculous. Make a full-featured sampler and multisampler function. It is not convenient to sample from a computer. It sounds one in the commutator, and the other on the synthesizer. It is better to work in the synthesizer itself

Posted : 09/03/2019 4:41 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I think market research found your position regarding sampling to be in the minority - so they cleared those resources to make way for other features. If sampling in hardware with an integrated hardware based interface to manipulate those samples is important to you - then Montage may not fit your needs.

Making Yamaha aware that a sampler/workstation has value to you is good to do in a positive way. I think it's important to tally up how many users have been alienated by the recent architecture changes. This does not mean that the market research is invalid, however. It is unlikely they found zero users who wanted to carry over a full-fledged sampler. I just think critical mass was not in that particular feature to warrant the dev/test time and resources it would consume (memory, etc).

Thanks for your input - it's good to have varying perspectives.

Posted : 09/03/2019 9:44 pm
Topic starter

I don’t know how much Montage they’re taking in the west, but I know for sure that in Russia, in the Caucasus, in the Middle East they are afraid to buy Yamaha. I have Korg Kronos2 and I am pleased with this device, but korg also has its drawbacks, although this is not critical. We all of the above people without sampler sounds can not do! Every nation has its own national instruments and we prefer to play our national instruments at our events! Yamaha Montage I really like its design, its warm sound, the keyboard is the best! But I would also like to have in it a sampler system and functions in mono legato that is necessary! Otherwise, a smooth game does not work.

Posted : 10/03/2019 7:05 am
Topic starter

I communicate with many musicians. No one advised me to buy Montage. But I took a chance, because I had money this time. If the developers correct these functions and refine them to the values ​​of the Korg Kronos and Roland Fantom, then Montage will be a good and worthy competitor in the market. And I believe that the sound and all the positive qualities of the montage will win the market. And more and more will buy Montage is not the same Kronos. All this can and should not concern me, because the income from Montaga I will not put in my pocket. I can just sell Montage and get rid of it, like all other musicians from the Caucasus and Greece did. But I'll wait a bit. If not in the next version of the revision in legato, mono priority-low or Last. Then I will have to sell my Montage and play on Kronos

Attached files

Posted : 10/03/2019 7:21 am
Topic starter

This photo is from my Korg pa4x.

Posted : 10/03/2019 7:22 am
Topic starter

So what? No response received from the developers. At least false promises would be written here. So they work and respond promptly? When will the next version of the bug fix mono, poli legato and portamento? And generally expect it? That's why people more often prefer to buy Korg. This can be seen even in Youtube. Most Korg owners than Yamaha.

Posted : 12/03/2019 5:58 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

1) The developer group does not post or directly monitor this forum that I am aware
2) R&D does monitor and participate in and monitor ideascale. https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com This is an area to post ideas/suggestions for active and future Yamaha synthesizers. Other products are covered as well.
3) Your expectation in response time is too aggressive. I have shown that your same requests have been known, registered, discussed, vocalized, etc. in 2010. That post was complaining that there have been many previous discussions about the subject - so first complaints likely go back to the original Motif. There's a post in 2008 that references old posts as well for the Motif XS. It is unlikely that a problem existing from before 2008 is going to be acted upon in a timescale of weeks.

The issue is known. Has been known. Nothing has been done thus far. I would not expect anything to happen this year. The fact you have a response from a Yamaha employee (Blake) is as good as you're going to get. This means you have at least breached the first firewall. Now you have to wait. Possibly forever.

FM-X within Montage/MODX does not have this same issue. Therefore, if you can generate an FM-X Performance for your instruments requiring Mono Legato - then this is the route to take.

Posted : 12/03/2019 5:22 pm
Topic starter

Hello friend Jason. Thanks for the help. I wrote a sentence there, but there are no answers. As if everyone is not alive there. I hardly hope for anything. And I will think how to sell my montage and in the future I will not advise anyone

Posted : 14/03/2019 1:13 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Be aware that through participation in ideascale - users were invited to video conferences with Yamaha R&D including an engineer from Japan which is fairly unprecedented access to the engineering and development of the product line. If you wish to have more influence over the feature set, this avenue is available to you. You are free, however, to forego that.

Posted : 14/03/2019 7:38 pm
Topic starter

I still have suggestions. And how to influence them?

Posted : 15/03/2019 7:09 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us