Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cubase

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello. Is it required to purchase the USB-eLicenser through Steinberg, in order for the software to work?

Posted : 08/03/2019 2:25 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you purchased Montage new - it comes with a card that, upon following directions, will provide you with a license. Check with support if you qualify for a Cubase AI license if you cannot find the card.

Posted : 08/03/2019 5:44 pm
Bad Mister

Hello. Is it required to purchase the USB-eLicenser through Steinberg, in order for the software to work?

No, you can register Cubase AI on your computer without the need for the USB device. Use your Access Code to activate your license.

Posted : 11/03/2019 7:08 pm
Leon
 Leon

Cubase AI & Cubase Elements will run from a license installed on your computer. FYI: If you upgrade to Cubase Artist or Pro however, you will be required to purchase the USB eLicenser stick. I wanted the additional functionality of Cubase Artist 10, an purchased it online, but had to wait until I got the USB eLicenser stick in the mail before I could use my Artist version. I was impatient, and contacted Steinberg to ask if I could temporarily use the new, advanced version of Cubase without the eLicenser stick while waiting for the mail truck. Steinberg replied "NO". No problem once I got the stick. I just waited until I got the stick before installing the upgrade, but just so you know. I assumed that running the upgrade installer for Pro might kill my existing Elements license, and didn't want to be out of service while waiting for the stick. 😀

Posted : 17/03/2019 1:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us