Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

the reference manual seems to be a hard job to compil....

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

We are approaching may, but no news about the reference manual ? Many people waiting for a better understanding of the beast.

Posted : 17/04/2016 8:16 am
Bad Mister

The time of release has nothing whatever to do with how hard a job it is. And besides reading it without having the instrument is an exercise you should avoid. It is not a novel. The Reference Manual is not even an Application Guide. A Reference Manual should be used to refer to when you need a clarification on what a specific button, slider or knob does (or is supposed to do), and more importantly, when it functions thusly. It really should be read while making the button presses.

Application Guides will take you through actual step-by-step routines to accomplish specific tasks. Those can give a better understanding of the operations of the instrument in practical use cases. This site is like an "application guide" because it deals with how you can fit a specific product into your lifestyle.

The Refernce Manual "news" is the same and has not changed since the last announcement: it will be released prior to the instrument shipping to stores. That's still the "news", it has nothing to do with how hard a job it is... There have been several changes since January, and hopefully those will make it into the first printing of the Reference Manual.

Posted : 17/04/2016 10:51 am
 Mark

Reading the reference manual is a perfectly valid way of understanding the underlying architecture of an instrument regardless of whether or not you have access to the hardware. It can't tell you what the instrument will sound like, but it can certainly help answer a multitude of questions; questions we all have. Whenever I set out to buy a new instrument, I always spend time researching it's capabilities and the reference manual is key to doing this. It seems like a lot of other people do the same so don't underestimate the importance of making it available.

That said, I've written enough manuals to understand that it takes a lot of time and things change right up until the last minute - so I'm not complaining. 🙂

M

Posted : 18/04/2016 9:57 am
Bad Mister

That said, I've written enough manuals to understand that it takes a lot of time and things change right up until the last minute - so I'm not complaining. 🙂

Thanks, that's all I'm saying. And there still will be things left out as features and function do change right up until the last minute and beyond. Thanks for understanding... 🙂

Posted : 18/04/2016 1:18 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

So we will have to wait the last minute before eventually order.

Posted : 18/04/2016 2:16 pm
Hans-Peter

The download section has been updated:

MONTAGE Reference Manual (& others)

Cheers,

hp

Posted : 26/04/2016 6:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us