Notifications
Clear all

Transpose Buttons

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
10.4 K Views
Topic starter

Is there a way to permanently set the octave/transpose buttons to transpose only? Thx

Posted : 13/05/2016 12:30 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

I also have a concern about the Transpose button as well, I saw the Tempo icon indicated on the Montage's Screen, But I did not the the Transpose Value shows on the Montage's Screen, How can we know what is the Transpose that we're currently have..???

Thanks

Posted : 13/05/2016 2:10 pm
Bad Mister

? The Octave/Transpose buttons are permanently set to Transpose.
You press them directly to change the Octave
You press them using [SHIFT] to Transpose

Posted : 13/05/2016 10:54 pm
Lawrence
Trusted Member

Tho wrote:

I also have a concern about the Transpose button as well, I saw the Tempo icon indicated on the Montage's Screen, But I did not the the Transpose Value shows on the Montage's Screen, How can we know what is the Transpose that we're currently have..???

Thanks

When you transpose, either by octave or semitone values, a pop up appears momentarily at the top of the touch screen, indicating the transposition.

Posted : 14/05/2016 1:29 am
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

? The Octave/Transpose buttons are permanently set to Transpose.
You press them directly to change the Octave
You press them using [SHIFT] to Transpose

Thanks, I figured that much out. I was hoping that there is a setting where I could press directly to change the transpose without doing a shift first, but apparently not. I have a Montage 8 so changing the octave will not be used very often.

Posted : 14/05/2016 2:05 am

That would be nice. Maybe in a update you could double hit shift button an it holds then you press Octave/Transpose.
But if not it's no big deal to most of us. As a salesman I like Garry ideal of permanently set to Transpose as a sale point.
I know keyboardist who base 50% of there playing around a transpose button. I have sold some MO xf8 over the Motif because of a direct Transpose button. Good question.

Posted : 14/05/2016 11:59 am
Bad Mister

Is this something you change dynamically while playing?

- if it is an issue why not just store your PERFORMANCE pre-Note Shifted to play in the key you want to be. It's a keyboard player's capo, set it then play. There are many ways to change the key on the synthesizer, beyond just the dedicated buttons.

Posted : 15/05/2016 1:14 am
 Phil
Eminent Member

Is there a limit to how far the notes can be shifted in a performance? In the motif xs it was +/-24 which may seem plenty but often in musical theatre keyboard parts you play a sound in bizarre registers with its transposition set for it to sound elsewhere. I used to get round this by creating a new voice whose pitch had already been shifted and then shifted it again within the performance if it needed to be more than 24 - can this also be done in montage?

Posted : 15/05/2016 6:26 am
Bad Mister

Is there a limit to how far the notes can be shifted in a performance?

Yes, of course there is... The PART can be Note Shifted +/-24 semitones. The Element can be Coarse Tuned +/-48 semitones. Same as in the Motif XF.

Posted : 15/05/2016 12:44 pm

Bad Mister wrote:

Is this something you change dynamically while playing?

- if it is an issue why not just store your PERFORMANCE pre-Note Shifted to play in the key you want to be. It's a keyboard player's capo, set it then play. There are many ways to change the key on the synthesizer, beyond just the dedicated buttons.

Hello, me again,it would be nice if in the future update an octave and transpose indicator on the top part of the live set and performance main screen, it's an empty space that could be used, i'm playing at karaoke type gig ( sometimes we play the same songs in different keys) and also i'm using the same live sets for different songs and many times i forgot my keyboard was transposed...imagine the result LOL. I edited two screenshots on how it would look like. Thanks
P.S. I;m the angry guy with the ''memorise last category search'' feature. 🙂

Attached files

Posted : 06/04/2018 11:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us