Notifications
Clear all

TRIGGERING A CHORD WITH ONE FINGER?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello All, Happy New Year.
I'm a Montage 8 owner since 2018 (but definitely not using it to its fullest potential!)
I thought it would be quicker to ask you wonderful experts the following rather than pull my, already receding hair, out trying to figure it for myself!
I want to know if I can use 1 note at a time "pressed" to trigger a static 3-fingered chord? I imagine using the Arp function that can be set up, however, i want to play a particular sound with my "1 fingered note press" but also layer it with a couple of other sounds as a chord.
My Live Set for this set up is using 8 parts. The keyboard is split in 3 places. The layered chord sounds are already within one of these splits but at one particular point in a song i perform with my band, I have to sacrifice that layered sound to play something else with my right hand. My left hand is literally playing a single root note for 4 chords in a repetitive sequence. What I'd love to be able to do it by using a scene button (Superknob already assigned) to switch on the sounds layered with my single note but as a pre-determined chord. Is this possible? If so, how?
Thanks in Advance.
Wayne

Posted : 10/01/2020 6:09 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If the root is fixed or a fixed pattern, one way may be to use fixed note ARPs with different chord families for each ARP then Scenes change the ARP number to the desire chord family.

Or Org Notes type ARPs if you want to be able to dictate the chord's root.

My translation of what you've asked for is "I want scenes to change the chord quality. For instance, scene 1 is a major chord and scene 2 is a minor chord".

I could be wrong because you had some other goals mixed in.

Posted : 11/01/2020 6:42 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us