Clear all

turn off global reverb + power outlet question

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Topic starter

Hi, my Montage won´t be delivered for another month and I´m already learning. So, I found a montage review on amazon where a guy complains he can´t find a way to turn off the global reverb. I suppose this shouldn´t be that hard to do, right?

Other thing: do you really really need to plug the montage into it´s own power outlet? (How many people here are doing this?) Or is this just an exagerated security warning in the manual? I really don´t have that many outlets, and never had any of my gear on it´s own outlet before and nothing every caught fire.....

Posted : 02/08/2016 8:09 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

By Global Reverb do you mean the reverb that is a system effect as opposed to an insertion effect? If that is the case if you press the FX icon on the home screen it will take you to the Effect Switch page and from there you can turn the System Effect off.

Posted : 02/08/2016 8:52 pm
Walter

Gabi wrote:

..... do you really really need to plug the montage into it´s own power outlet?.....

Where did you read this? I did see where they ask that you do not plug the Montage into a multiple outlet adapter, but as long as you use common sense and don't overload the outlet you should be cool. According to the nameplate, the Montage draws 27W which is not a lot of power. You could possible have problems if you plug the Montage into the same outlet as a noisy load like a power drill causing electrical noise on the line, but otherwise just keep doing what you've been doing.

Enjoy that Montage when it comes in!

Walt

Posted : 03/08/2016 12:29 am
Gabi
 Gabi
Topic starter

Thanks for your answers!

from the manual:
"Do not connect the instrument to an electrical outlet using a multiple-connector. Doing so can result in lower sound quality, or possibly cause overheating in the outlet."

Mhh, lower sound quality? really? sounds a bit esoteric...

This is also interesting:

"This product MAY contain a small nonrechargeable battery which (if applicable) is soldered in place. The average life span of this type of battery is approximately
five years."

So, how do we know if there´s a battery or not?

Posted : 03/08/2016 2:56 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

So, how do we know if there´s a battery or not?

Hopefully, someone around here who knows will tell us…

Posted : 05/08/2016 1:25 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us