Notifications
Clear all

Tutorial video series

13 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey people 🙂

I'm working on a series of tutorial videos for the Montage, would appreciate any feedback or suggestions, particularly about what videos to do next. Just done some basic stuff for now, but planning to go pretty in-depth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXASiv3YfSE&list=PLxEKSIkCIKA3rElm_lzeu6M-yOFV35etT

Cheers,
Michael

Posted : 29/08/2016 10:56 am
Geoff

Love these tutorial vids. Short, sweet, to the point.

Thanks

Posted : 29/08/2016 1:33 pm
 Hale

Good job. Easy to follow. Might be cool to do one that explores effects routing more? Thanks!

Posted : 29/08/2016 2:36 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Michael - love the videos you've done! Can you do one to explain how to assign an arpeggio to a LH part and make it loop without the pedal - is it necessary to do this first and split the keyboard, before assigning the RH Performance to the rest of the keyboard? Thank you!

It may be basic stuff, but we're not all clued up on this stuff!

Posted : 29/08/2016 3:37 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

You done a nice job Michael, i have share your videos on my website Moessieurs and on Moessieurs Facebook page 😉

Posted : 29/08/2016 7:41 pm
Peter

Very good series.
I just have one request, for us wrinklies could you slow down just a little to enable us to follow both your voice and hand movement at the same time
Thanks
Peter

Posted : 29/08/2016 10:33 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

Very cool videos! Thanks!

I'm personally happy with speed of your descriptions, maybe because I grew up in NYC. 🙂

Posted : 30/08/2016 9:05 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Peter. hahaha! You're right, Michael trips along at a rate of knots, and without Michael T's NYC training it's tough to keep up. I use the 'Pause' button a lot while what he just said and did sinks in! If it sinks in ... rewind and do it again! Still hoping he'll do one to unravel my LH arpeggio loop and split hang-up ...

Posted : 31/08/2016 5:52 am
 Gary
Eminent Member

Thanks for the tutorials Michael, job well done! They are clear, concise and are shot/produced well. I particularly like the highlighted overlays, very professional and helpful.

I think it would be great for you to walk us thru creating a Performance that uses the Super Knob, something very basic, perhaps a piano/string/pad layer where the piano is alone at first, and the Super Knob gradually brings in the strings and pad; increasing their volumes to equal the piano.

Thanks again, I hope you're able to do more.
G

Posted : 31/08/2016 9:07 am
Jeremy

Thanks for the awesome videos, i learnt alot from them, waiting for more of these soon!

Posted : 31/08/2016 10:02 am
 Jose

Michael, thanks for the awesomes videos.
Can you teach about the super knob and how program this?

thanks!!

Posted : 31/08/2016 12:51 pm
Estimable Member

Dude! What great tutorial video's!!! Whatever people say, don't slow down the tutorials! The speed and "to the point" explanation is what I love about it!
If someone can't keep up, they can easily press pauze. But if someone can keep up, they can not speed up the video. Youtube is full of crappy tutorials. Especially on Ableton for example. There are many who'll post video's of 10 minutes which can be explained in 30 seconds.
So again, keep up the good work! Tnx!

Posted : 13/09/2016 8:52 am
 Roy

Perfect tutorials! Keep it up!

Posted : 13/09/2016 6:09 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us