Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Unable to download from SoundMondo in Chrome or Edge

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19044.1645. I'm using Chrome 100.0.4896.127 64-bit. Soundmondo shows my Montage as connected (green) in Chrome. I'm logged in with my Soundmondo account. I select a sound, Chrome loads the page. I click Sync but instead of sending the sound to the Montage, I get a webpage that wants me to upload the sound to Soundmondo. If I try to upload it, I get an error stating DeviceNotSet. My Montage is running firmware 3.51. I've also tried multiple iOS devices but they are all running iOS 15.4 which I believe has its own set of issues with the iOS Soundmondo app.

Any idea how to fix this? Is it an issue on my end or something with the website?

Posted : 24/04/2022 6:23 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

If you plug the Montage in different USB ports, Windows might add the Montage under a different device name (Montage-1 or something like that).
Take a look in the device manager and check the name shown for Montage.
Try to connect the Montage to the initial port and see if it shows a name without a number.
You might need to uninstall the Yamaha driver and reinstall it to get back the correct name.

What other audio / MIDI interface do you have connected apart from the Montage?

Posted : 24/04/2022 7:05 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Place your mouse over the speaker icon in the lower-right of Windows (taskbar) while Montage is plugged in and report what it says.

Including all numbers and dashes etc.

The issue would be a number BEFORE "Montage". If you follow this thread (and a link to a previous thread within it) - there is more detail about this problem as well as other items to check like browser settings:

https://yamahasynth.com/forum/cannot-get-soundmondo-to-work-with-montage-8-after-firmware-3-51

Posted : 24/04/2022 9:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us