Notifications
Clear all

Update to 1.60

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just like to say that unlike the last update, this one has gone perfectly. I think on the previous one I reloaded the library files into different slots, and could have caused some data loss. This time I ensured that they we reloaded to the same slot.:)

Posted : 22/09/2017 4:30 pm
Stefan

Kevan wrote:

Just like to say that unlike the last update, this one has gone perfectly. I think on the previous one I reloaded the library files into different slots, and could have caused some data loss. This time I ensured that they we reloaded to the same slot.:)

Hi Kevan, and for next time, there is even a simpler way: If you do a full backup before doing the upgrade, you don't have to do anything else than playing back the backup. No need to load the library files at all, they are part of the backup. The backup takes longer than just saving the user data, but it is safer and easier. And it is always good to do a full backup from time to time... 🙂

Posted : 22/09/2017 4:53 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... a full backup saves a file with an ".X7A" extension.

Posted : 22/09/2017 7:35 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Jason

Thanks for that. I always do a full backup, but I thought I read somewhere that its still best to follow the 'previous' way.

Will restore the full backup next time though to save a fair bit of time 🙂

Posted : 23/09/2017 6:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you want your keyboard to be as close to the way it was before a firmware update - with all your user content, libraries, etc. then use the full X7A backup method.

If you are aware of the possible consequences of restoring libraries individually, then you can still do that. However, if you've ever run into pitfalls using this method - then those same pitfalls will exist.

Using the previous method - if your user area does not "point" to any library data (user performances, user live sets) then there is a less of a burden on "where" to install the library when you come back after a firmware update. The problem comes in when there are linkages between the user area and library area. If your understanding does not run this deep - then by all means use the full backup method.

If you're planning on restoring all the libraries you had before as opposed to using a firmware upgrade time as an opportunity to change your library mix (not going to drop/remove some libraries) then there is really no reason to choose any other path than using the full backup method (X7A).

Posted : 23/09/2017 7:55 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason

Yes from now on I will always use (X7A).

Posted : 27/09/2017 7:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us