Clear all

user arp fiasco

38 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
12.2 K Views
 Tom
Trusted Member

I sorta find this whole thread. Very confusing. As There are so many copies of the same answers/Questions/comments. And Just because. The OP did not use PC.
But sorta shouted out. So I will start a new one.
Arps only please. Because. I want to know. When they are going to categorise them. Or. If ARPs are Categorised. How. and where. Step by step. How do We take an ARP into a DAW and Edit it? Because. Ask anyone about 10,000 anything's. And it is a nightmare to deal with Unless you have some kind of organization for them.

Posted : 22/12/2017 8:49 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member

Maybe Kronos is solution for unhappy guys out there Montage is what it is simple as that I do have Kronos as well because I need workstation but I need Montage too and I never thought of it as a workstations because is is not it says performance synthesizer does it not?

Posted : 22/12/2017 10:16 pm
 Tom
Trusted Member

I am chiming in to this Old Thread. To say a couple of things.
The montage updates(at 1.6 now) have been a very significant improvement. Since the Launch of the Montage.
I would not buy one until 1.5 came out.
All Keyboard manufactures. Have. Drawbacks to the Keyboard products. *there is no perfect Synth.
Lets look at some Glaring ones.
1. Korg Kronos II. Has fans! I can hear them in my studio. And I am part deaf. Very distracting. Had 1 for 6 months.
Korg Kronos. Has a very. Antiquated Screen and Workflow. And does not integrate with Computer DAWS very Well(Being kind Because it is XMAS).
Now. I love Karma. But It is not worth. Dealing with the other issues.
2. Roland. Well they are just nuts. JP-80 Has 'Thunk' and othe quality issues with the Keybed. It also runs out of poly easy. And Has 256 poly? It also has a number of other issues. That should not be there in a $3000. Keyboard.
The FA-series. Seem great at first. But. Is corner cutting at its worst. And the digital out converters. Are so bad. I can not even begin to explain.
3. The Yamaha. Genos. Still does not let U edit Sounds. And. Save your own sounds. Like Korg does. This has got to be someone at Yamaha being paranoid! Yamaha. They are 2 completely. Separate markets! 2 completely different types of people. There is no Reason for it. And They otherwise. Did Such A beautiful leap in the Arranger market.
And speaking of types of people. The Genos Says it has the Same Keybed. As the Montage.
Yamaha. If You did that. You cut your nose off to spite your face.
Arranger players. Are All kinds of sizes and shapes. The narrow width between the keys. Will Stop arranger players in their tracks. And it is. Extremely difficult to. Use a Controller on an arranger. Your hands. Must be very near all the buttons.
Yamaha Montage 6/7. Keybed spacing is for Childrens Hands. 1" missing per five octaves compared to Korg.
Yamaha Montage. Is to complex. To drill down to. What is. Then Simple.(The arp category page. Is very easy. Once U get there.)
ARPS for instance. How to get to the Arp Category page. Is way to difficult. And Once. You hit/touch Motion Control. And.
After You have touched the ARP in concern. You sit there Scratching Your head. Unless You already know. To hit the ENTER button. So It should Say it. 'Hit enter button'
And I could go on and on about more brands. And their Faults with products.
Like everything. Research it. And. Buy what you need.

Posted : 25/12/2017 8:21 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

Korg Kronos II. Has fans! I can hear them in my studio.

I had a Kronos on order before I bought my Motif XF because a Korg rep at a local music store told me the Kronos didn't have fans. Then I went to another store where they had a demo version, and the fan noise was obvious, so I canceled the order.

That's how I ended up being a "fan" of Yamaha synthesizers. And given what I've seen since then, I think Korg did me a big favor by including a fan in the Kronos.

Posted : 26/12/2017 11:35 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member

In Kronos 2 you can switch fan off if you want πŸ˜‰

Posted : 30/12/2017 10:55 am
 Tom
Trusted Member

I expect Korg. Will have a significant update to the Kronos II. By NAMM
Switching off the Fan And Then forgetting that it is off. Is looking for The CPU to be damaged. So That Is. A short term Answer. That U constantly have to keep on your mind.
And The Screen workflow. Is just Horrible, Comparatively.
And Believe me. I Really love the Kronos otherwise.

Posted : 31/12/2017 6:09 pm

Tom, this is in no way a personal attack and I would absolutely private message you if this forum offered such a feature but since it does not: why do you write β€œIn this. Style where Some and seemingly Random words are Capitalized. And. With randomly cut. Off punctuation?” It just throws my mind into a grinder when I read it as it wants to understand the reasoning. Is this just a personal style? Do you write everything including professional communications like this?

Posted : 31/12/2017 9:40 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member

Fan on Kronos will switch on once temperature exceed 80 degrees Celsius and screen on Kronos is guess what higher resolution than Montage one as far as operating system on korg I like it and by the way I have Yamaha Montage as well and I think that is a wonderful keyboard not perfect so is Kronos they complement each other I mean yes they can always be better but if you only look at negatives where is the time to do music so enjoy more.

Posted : 01/01/2018 10:36 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us