Notifications
Clear all

using different pitch samples

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Jack
Topic starter

Hi I have few nice wave sample tones ,but all are in different pitches such as B flat ,D and E flat nothing is not on C note . Can anyone help me how to transpose the wave and assign on C ?I tried in many ways but pitch is not changing

Posted : 23/01/2018 9:03 pm

you can tune your sample once it's inside one of the elements by using "Coarse and Fine".. so if you have a sample that is in the key of D and it's sitting on C piano key then the Coarse needs to be -2..

Posted : 23/01/2018 11:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You can also pre-process the sample with software to re-pitch the sample if you really want "C".

Thought the sample could have a field (like loop points) where it would land somewhere other than C3. So maybe you can just "stick it" in the native pitch for that sample as well. I haven't used Montage for sampling hardly at all.

Posted : 24/01/2018 6:25 am
 Jack
Topic starter

Thank you ,Aloysius and Jason for you reply.If the sample is on D it is sitting on C.I'm going to try "Coarse and fine" then let you know.otherwise I have to use software to change it.

Posted : 24/01/2018 9:21 am
Bad Mister

If you wish to load playable (Normal) Instrument sounds, you need to load a proper Yamaha Waveform. That Waveform, in Yamaha-terminology, is a collection of audio samples (as many as 256 Keybanks) that have been pre-mapped. A Keybank contain the audio sample, the velocity/key mapping, play direction, as well information for looping.

If all you have is .wav samples, your ability to turn them into a mapped playable instrument is limited on MONTAGE. It is not a sampler, nor can you effectively map .wav data into Waveforms.

You will need an Editor that can create a Yamaha format Waveform, for example, the currently available John Melas “Motif Waveform Editor”. This is software that can take your .wav data and help you create a Yamaha Waveform, in Motif XF format.... the MONTAGE is able to import Waveforms in Motif XF format.

If your Waveforms are not Normal musical instrument mapping, but is a one shot, a drum or percussion instrument, or an audio clip - you can use a Drum Kit. Drum Kits in Yamaha-speak, occupy a single Key per Waveform. Each Key in a Drum Kit is autonomous.

Piano considered a “normal” instrument many samples = one instrument
A Drum Kit “Drum” each Key is a different instrument.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 24/01/2018 10:27 am
 Tino

You can create a user waveform without other tool.

A keybank (yamaha speeking) is simply a loaded .wav file.
A waveform (yamaha speeking) is a package of keybanks.
You can add .wav files (add keybank) in a waveform, and trim velocity limits + Note limits for each.

@+

Posted : 24/01/2018 5:59 pm
 Jack
Topic starter

Aloysius thank you it is working after "Coarse and Fine"
but non of the sample are working beyond C5 ,all are sounding same pitch beyond C5.If you have any ideas please share with me

Posted : 26/01/2018 12:17 pm
Sladjan

It is hard to guess what is going on with the sample pitch in your case, but it could be that beyond a certain point it is not possible to pitch a sample up. It is a limitation in how (all sampler) work. To overcome this problem, one usually uses a new sample of that natural instrument, recorded at a higher pitch.

Posted : 26/01/2018 12:37 pm
Joe
 Joe
Eminent Member

Yes Montage has a 2 octave limit of pitching up audio samples. So if you want higher notes, you have to add them to the Waveform yourself.

Posted : 26/01/2018 2:32 pm
 Jack
Topic starter

Ok I can understand about the octave limitation

Posted : 28/01/2018 9:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us