Notifications
Clear all

using faders to control Hammond/Pipe/all other organ sounds

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Adam
Topic starter

Hi there!!! I just found these forums on here.... really like the site redesign! I've looked and looked around for videos on this, but was wondering if the faders on the Montage will be able to control the sound of organs, be they Hammond sounding, Pipes, or other organs?

For example, back in the day, when I got my hands on a Motif XS, first thing I called up was a Hammond organ sound. I looked and saw on the screen that there were these tiny red flags set at certain points along each fader - some were higher up on a particular fader, some were lower down - and the sound wouldn't change until you went past that point. So once I found out that they would control the tones of the organs, I was BLOWN AWAY for the Hammond sounds when all of a sudden, I hit a note & think 'oh crap.... I think I broke it!!!!'....lol!!!!!! The sounds had just changed that dramatically as I was playing.

I totally hope they keep that randomness in this line. I've just been rather confused about the sliders controlling tones of the organ sounds, ever since seeing Bert Smorenbuerg's video review of the Montage, and he starts playing a pipe organ, & works the super knob. Now, that made the volume louder, yes, but made me think of what happens when you play a pipe organ and - I think this is controlled by an expression pedal as well on some pipe organs - and it's almost like all stops are pulled out automatically.

Finally, my last question. Since audio can now be transferred via USB.... will it be possible for me to hook my P-85 up to control the piano in the Montage, but still send audio out through USB? Lord I hope so.... make things so much simpler!!!!

I hope someone can help, especially since these keyboards don't release until May!!!!

Posted : 07/02/2016 9:20 pm
Bad Mister

Since audio can now be transferred via USB.... will it be possible for me to hook my P-85 up to control the piano in the Montage, but still send audio out through USB?

Yes, the Montage has a built in audio interface. This means that not only is the audio of the Montage available via USB, but also any audio attached to the Montage's A/D Audio Input.

Posted : 08/02/2016 11:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us