Clear all

Using Montage and a Korg PA for sequencing

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Beji
Topic starter

Hello,
I have a Korg PA and just purchased a Montage 6.
How do I connect these 2 and sequence in the Korg PA. Looking for any advise on the Midi and other settings to use on the Montage to record on the PA.
Goal is to do the minor sequencing needs on the boards itself. I know we can do midi out.
Just looking for any special settings or things to lookout for in this setup
2 use cases
1)PA sending midi in to montage(for the Montage sound) and sounds recorded separately from each keyboard for final output
2)montage clock sync'd to PA, and midi sent from montage with arpeggios triggered and other channels played live, sent to PA for recording and sequencing there for each channel. Once recorded, play channels recorded from montage, back through montage and the ones from PA played on PA.
thanks in advance,

Posted : 19/06/2017 4:45 pm
Bad Mister

Place Montage so MIDI In/Out = MIDI and connect Out to In to connect the two keyboards.

Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Touch "Init"
Touch "Multi/GM"
This will place the Montage in a mode where you can use it as a 16 Part Multi-timbral tone generator... with one instrument assigned to each Part.

In [UTILITY] you will want to go to "Settings" > "MIDI I/O" and set MIDI SYNC = MIDI; Local Control = Off;

Posted : 19/06/2017 5:51 pm
 Beji
Topic starter

Thank you!
My keyboard is on its way. I will try once I get it.

Posted : 20/06/2017 4:09 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us