Notifications
Clear all

Using Montage Controller when playing on external keyboard

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
i use a Montage 8 together with an old Korg T2ex where all sound coming from the Montage. I only use one Performance(Combination in Korgs expression) on the Korg which transmits on Channel 16.
For example on the Montage in Channel 16 i choose an ToneWheel Organ which i like to play from the Korg.
the both Keyboard are connected with Korg Midi out to Montage Midi in an vice versa.
This Setup i already used in Master Mode on the Motif where the following works perfect.
What i like to do is to control the rotor speed of the organ with the Montage ModWheel.
On the montage the Zone Control is switched on for channel 16, Midi transmit is set and no controller filter are applied.
Playing the Organ Sound from Korg works perfect, also using the Joystick on Korg to control the rotor speed works, but using the ModWheel to control the speed fails.
Where´s my mistake?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Chris

Posted : 02/04/2017 5:28 pm
Bad Mister

Where´s my mistake?

MW sends cc 001 which is a "channel message", in order to have Montage send cc001 to the program in Part 16, you must SELECT Part 16, directly. In other words, you must be on an currently active slot.

On the montage the Zone Control is switched on for channel 16...

? But you don't tell us what the T2ex is set to do with this information. The Zone Settings in Part 16 determines whether or not the Montage will trigger itself when Part 16 is selected (INT SW = On), it also determines if you are transmitting Out via MIDI and on what channel.

If you have an Organ Part assigned to Part 16, you must SELECT it, (press [PART CONTROL] > press [PART SELECT 16]) in order to have Montage control it with cc001. Otherwise, Montage's own Channel message Controllers are addressing the currently Montage-selected Part(s)... and whatever is connected Out via MIDI.

What are you set to play internally from Montage tone engine?

Posted : 02/04/2017 8:14 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us