Notifications
Clear all

Using the Assignable Outputs from my DAW

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,
Frustrating problem and may be complicated. I use Logic Pro x and use my Montage 8 as the audio interface. I need to send a mono audio signal from a Logic 'software instrument/ plugin channel' to the Montage Assignable Outputs to then be used as a sync tone for a bit of hardware.

The bit of Hardware is an ERM Multiclock and the plug in the Multiclock tone generator. Everything is working fine except for sending from the logic channel back into the Montage and assigning to the assignable out put.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

Posted : 27/04/2021 12:00 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

It's very difficult to find because the "Montage Roundup" article has broken links and the various forum threads covering this have broken links as well. The backend "quick fix" referenced a while ago either never really materialized or, again, the deck is shuffled and is broken yet again.

This is the current link as of 4/27/2021. It's bound to become invalidated in the future.
https://www.yamahasynth.com/learn/montage/montage-and-logic-pro-x-connecting

For now, you can see from the tutorial that "Output 5-6" routes to the assignable outputs. That should be it. Sorry for the rant - but I had to dig (and dig) to find information I knew was already going to be applicable. Resources should not have tall brick walls in front of them.

Posted : 27/04/2021 7:16 pm
Topic starter

Thank you and that has done the trick. Hopefully not too draining for you. Much appreciated

Posted : 28/04/2021 5:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us