Notifications
Clear all

Utilities won't save !

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Philippe
Topic starter

Eveytime I make settings in the utilities page, shutting down the Super knob illumination for instance, it says in the manual "press exit and settings are stored". Ok that's what I do. Then next time I turn on, I find the Super knob blinking at 128 etc..

I am running with OS 1.11.

Posted : 24/07/2016 3:56 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi.
I'm on OS 1.11 and my utility settings stays in memory.

My first idea :

Go to Utility, > Settings > Advanced, be sure that "Init on boot" is set to "off".

Posted : 24/07/2016 7:18 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

All of my settings stay after reboot except for Knob Brightness - flash stays off though. I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can see the point of it, the knob flash is only really useful if you need to be aware of tempo for arps etc but the knob colour does give an indication of where it is set.

Posted : 24/07/2016 7:55 pm
Philippe
Topic starter

Thanks for replying !
Init on boot is off, of course.
Still the knob keeps it's brightness at 128 no matter what I do.
It has to be a software bug.
When is next update due to be released ? Also How can I let Yamaha know about this ?
Many Thanx

Posted : 25/07/2016 1:51 pm
Jeremy

i have this issue as well, all other settings like velocity, no beep, no animation etc stays only the superknob brightness keeps reseting to 128.

Posted : 25/07/2016 2:41 pm
Philippe
Topic starter

After a month of having the Montage7 I am finally a bit deceived...

The simple fact that this "save super knob utility" won't happen, brings doubts as to carry it on stage... will it produce more & or sudden bugs ?
It is unacceptable for me to look like an idiot on stage in the middle of a song, having Montage connected to a computer, playing back a sequence or syncing to a Time Code & having controllers running... some in automation & some by hand /foot.
I'd have preferred keeping my Motif XS Rack...
Yamaha'd better change all these issues quickly & they can read this in this forum or i'm going somewhere else.
These "beasts" cost a fortune. And we should get much better reliability.
C'mon, I mean Saving a "super" knob utilities in 2016 isn't so much programing for Yamaha is it?

I must say it behaves strangely or not strongly enough.
The screen should be more reactive etc etc...

Posted : 27/07/2016 5:16 pm
Auriak
Eminent Member

Hiii I Had a Problem With The Memory Saving too (For Live settings ecc.) With 1.11.1. But i Fixed it with a Hardware fabric reset (1.11.1) and Now the Montage is saving again. Ofc if you have an important thing save it first.

Hope to be helpful

Bb

Auriak

Posted : 28/07/2016 1:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us