Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Vol. Controls for a performance, knob/super knob/foot pedal?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I would like to save 4 parts in a performance to knob 8 for volume control. I would like that knob 8 to be controlled by the super knob and pedal2 while the other parts would remain unaffected. Pedal 1 would remain as an overall volume for the performance. What is the best way to proceed?

Posted : 08/09/2016 3:01 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I don't have any expression pedals - so I can't see for myself any of those.

For super knob to volume - see
https://yamahasynth.com/forum/simple-program-of-part-volume-on-super-knob#reply-12101

but change the source from Assign 1 to Assign 8 (knob 8) as a source in the first half. Also add to the destination part 2 assign 1, part 3 assign 1, part 4 assign 1.

In the 2nd half (where I switch to my own worded instructions) - instead of editing only part 1, go into the other parts (2-4, or however you have them arranged) and repeat the step where you link assign 1 to a bipolar ramp (+63) of volume.

The bit about master volume I'm sure can be covered by assigning one of the FCs to super knob and other to the master volume param.

Posted : 08/09/2016 3:36 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us