Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What is the global/basic receive channel for the Montage?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm trying to send a simple MSB/LSB/PC to change live sets or even simply select a performance but I'm not seeing it change/move at all.

Does the keyboard have to be in a specific mode? i.e. must it be in Live Set in order to switch live sets? or must it be in Performance to switch performances?

Posted : 04/10/2016 3:47 am

So, I was able to get Live Sets to change with the corresponding MSB/LSB/PC data but only in MIDI I/O Single mode. But I want to also still play the 2nd keyboard with multizones (mox6) and drive different midi channels(9-16) on the Montage. But to do that I need to be in MIDI i/o multi-mode. What gives? How can I send MSB/LSB/PC commands to switch live sets and continue to play different midi channels on the Montage from the 2nd keyboard?

Posted : 04/10/2016 6:17 am
Bad Mister

The basic MIDI Receive Channel is 1.
You can change that, as you discovered, by placing the MIDI I/O mode = Single.

However, if your goal is to use the Montage multi-timbrally, you'll want to use MIDI I/O mode = Multi, and address it on MIDI Channel 1.

To select a Live Set you do not have to be in any particular mode or on any particular screen. You can be on any screen within the architecture.

Once you have linked a Performance to a User Live Set slot it can always be recalled by the MSB/LSB/PC assigned to that slot.

You could be looking at the Home screen of the CFX Concert piano, when you send the MSB/LSB/PC message or you could be on the Live Set screen. You could even be editing/tweaking on the Motion Sequence grid. It does not matter. (There really is only one mode). When the message is received the Montage will go to the selected program.

Bank: User 1/Page 1 = MSB/LSB 62/0, PC is 0-15 for slots 1-16
Bank: User 1/Page 2 = MSB/LSB 62/1, PC is 0-15 for slots 1-16
And so on through to...
Bank: User 1/Page 16 = 62/15, PC is 0-15 for slots 1-16

Hope that helps. Let us know.

Posted : 04/10/2016 6:57 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us