Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What stands are you using with your Montage?

29 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Just wondering what stands everyone is using with their Montage...?

The old Yamaha LG-800 is Yamaha's choice.

Posted : 27/01/2017 5:58 pm
david
Reputable Member

Yes, I use this same stand that you are showing that came with my CP1 for my Montage 8. I use the "On Stage" heavy duty stand turned around backwards hanging over the Montage. I can then slide the Montage out and back again without them being connected together like on a 2 tier configuration using a single stand. You can see this arrangement under the topic of "Let's see your setup" on the last posted photo. That stand is really convenient and well built and of course adjustable. Best of all there are no obstructions near your pedals and/or knees.

here:

https://yamahasynth.com/forum/let-s-see-your-setup

Posted : 27/01/2017 6:05 pm
 Jeff

Currently using an Ultimate Support AX-48 with an extra tier to hold my Jupiter-80, Montage 6 and laptop.

A bit frustrated by the inability to angle the tiers though. And the central column makes placing my pedal board awkward.

Considering a K&M Spider Pro with the laptop adapter as a replacement if I can find one cheap enough!

Posted : 27/01/2017 6:38 pm
Trusted Member

K&M 18950 very stable, light, small. Very good with montage8

Posted : 27/01/2017 8:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Montage7 with single "X" stand at the gig/practice ("on the road") to keep the weight down of what I carry and a dual "X" in the studio.

I only have one tier - other keyboards I put on their own single-brace "X" stand.

Since stand configurations serve different purposes (number of keyboards, budget, stability, aesthetics, portability, height options, etc) - you'll get a wide range of responses which meet those various goals.

Posted : 28/01/2017 7:26 pm
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I am trying to find a "nicer" furniture-type one for the studio setting that holds the Montage at the correct height along with the computer, monitor, speakers...

Something like this - but not at the same price as the Montage ($4,000) - like this one costs.

Posted : 29/01/2017 4:33 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello G - that is a really nice set-up! Attention to detail and presentation much in evidence. Custom-made obviously. Did you make it yourself? If so, your 'ebeniste' skills match your musical ones!

I'm at the other end of the scale. I never got on with the purpose made steel frame stands - they nearly all wobble, with no room for anything other than the keyboard - so for the Montage I employ an old, much modified but very solid kitchen table that has space for a ton of other stuff, and for the Korg and Tyros I made very solid wooden stands that will not move a millimetre. They may be solid, but they ain't pretty! But none of it is intended for public view, and is buried in a tiny room at the far end of the workshop ... well, that's my excuse ...

Posted : 29/01/2017 8:28 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello again G - sorry! Completely missed your second paragraph! Still a very handsome aiming point if your set-up is on public view, as yours would be to private audiences. There are some very nice 'self-assembly' veneered MDF kits about - heavy and solid - that may lend themselves to what you have in mind ...

Posted : 29/01/2017 9:33 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi for training session and stage a good RTX with extension, Motif XF8 and Montage 7 are perfectly steady :

Posted : 29/01/2017 10:00 am
Simon

Gibraltar stands look interesting you can purchase ready made kits or construct you own configuration yourself, I'm looking in to Gibraltar stands my self, You Tube covers this topic with Gibraltar keyboard stand, Ed Diaz 3 tiered custom stand stands out as you can move and angle the keyboards to just the right spot which is important to me... hope it helps

Posted : 29/01/2017 10:17 am
Simon

Gibraltar stands look interesting you can purchase ready made kits or construct you own configuration yourself, I'm looking in to Gibraltar stands my self, You Tube covers this topic with Gibraltar keyboard stand, Ed Diaz 3 tiered custom stand stands out as you can move and angle the keyboards to just the right spot which is important to me... hope it helps

Posted : 29/01/2017 10:17 am
Eminent Member

On My wish list I want to get the Custom Gibraltar Key Tree 2 tiers

Attached files

Posted : 29/01/2017 11:33 am
Walter

Rod wrote:

Hello G - that is a really nice set-up! Attention to detail and presentation much in evidence. Custom-made obviously. Did you make it yourself? ...

Hi Rod,

That's actually a CAD remdering, not real...

Walt

Posted : 29/01/2017 4:07 pm
AndrΓ©

... AX90 from Ultimate Support πŸ™‚

Attached files

Posted : 29/01/2017 6:47 pm
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey Andre' - where did you get your right angle cables? What brand are they?

Posted : 29/01/2017 6:50 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us