Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What stands are you using with your Montage?

29 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
AndrΓ©

NEUTRIK

https://www.thomann.de/de/neutrik_np2_rxb.htm

Posted : 29/01/2017 6:52 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Walter - Jings! Looking closer with my glasses on, I see what you mean. Knobs and dials don't quite ... clever stuff, CAD - I wonder what it could do with my old kitchen table ... ?

Posted : 29/01/2017 6:59 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I'm using the K&M Omega stand. Incredibly stable, and room underneath it for my legs and feet, unlike an X stand. Also, there are plenty of accessories for attaching other things like tablets and microphones.

Posted : 29/01/2017 10:48 pm
Russ
 Russ

Im using this live.. I actually just ordered a 2nd one for the studio. I have the Nord Electro 4HP on the bottom and the Montage 6 on the top.
Easily to collapse with one button in the middle of the Xbrace.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FJXGKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posted : 31/01/2017 3:32 pm
david
Reputable Member

It seriously depends on what you're using the stand for. If you are standing up on stage then the braces and obstructions underneath might not matter unless they make you trip. However if you're sitting and programming and recording you DO NOT want anything to obstruct your knees and feet. I thought outside of the box for my studio and used the Yamaha LG-800 for the M8 and then came over the top using an On Stage stand turned backwards. I can independently pull-out the M8 when working with the M8 touch screen and then slide it back under the top tier CP1. I can also have about 9 pedals on the floor with no issues. I'll post a photo of the stand arrangement when I get home.

Posted : 31/01/2017 4:24 pm
Eminent Member

Another vote for the K&M Omega which I have for my Motif. It is a seriously sturdy stand.

Posted : 31/01/2017 6:56 pm
david
Reputable Member

See my double stand reconfiguration here with the Montage pulled out for easy touch-screen access. You can't do that with an all in one stand. 10 pedals are accessible on the floor with no stand brace obstructions.

Attached files

Posted : 01/02/2017 1:39 am
Steve

I built a table for $15. It's rock-solid... not pretty, but rock-solid. I am including the plans as a JPG image here, if anyone wants to build one. This table will ensure the keyboard is at the exact height of a standard piano keyboard, so room for your feet and knees is not a problem.

Attached files

Posted : 01/02/2017 5:22 am
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Steve wrote:

I built a table for $15. It's rock-solid... not pretty, but rock-solid. I am including the plans as a JPG image here, if anyone wants to build one. This table will ensure the keyboard is at the exact height of a standard piano keyboard, so room for your feet and knees is not a problem.

Your stand is exactly 24" high...?

A standard grand piano keyboard is 28" +/- to the top of the white keys.

Posted : 01/02/2017 5:53 pm
david
Reputable Member

But if the Montage is 4" in depth including the feet in front then you would be at 28".

Posted : 01/02/2017 6:10 pm
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

david wrote:

But if the Montage is 4" in depth including the feet in front then you would be at 28".

Right, my point πŸ™‚

Just didn't seem like it would be 4".

But it's good to know!

Posted : 01/02/2017 6:37 pm
Steve

G, yes... the Montage, with its feet, is 4" in height. The 24" height of my table makes the top of the keyboard 28" on the money.

The reason I built a table was that the cross-braced stands I have weren't too sturdy... the 65-lb. Montage can sway around when you're really playing the thing.

And, I couldn't find a suitable table that was reasonably priced.

So, I built this out of lumber, and like I said... rock-solid. Of course, it's not gonna' win any beauty contests, but that's OK with me.

Now... if someone could reply to my other forum thread, "TUTORIAL STEPS FOR RECORDING TRACKS?", that would really be great! : )

Posted : 02/02/2017 1:57 am
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Steve wrote:

Now... if someone could reply to my other forum thread, "TUTORIAL STEPS FOR RECORDING TRACKS?", that would really be great! : )

If I knew, I would help you! lol

Posted : 02/02/2017 4:38 am
Brandon

Another big up for the K&M Omega. I used the Ultimate Support Apex stand for a while. It was fine for a 30 pound Komplete Kontrol, but made me very nervous with the Montage 8 on it. Very unstable. The K&M matches the cost/quality of the Montage IMO. Many other stands do not.

I still have the Apex and would use it if needed, but the Omega is the one for me, standing or sitting.

If Iou use a cheap DI box, get a cheap stand. If not.....

Posted : 04/02/2017 1:09 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us