Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What's going on...?

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member

I just picked up the Montage 8 for $2,879 at Sweetwater. It was used at shows but it came with their 2 year warranty so still new to me. I wouldn't of bought it at full price, but I needed a new keyboard or stick with my used S90 ES that I returned for $1,350 to put down on my Alesis Strike Pro. I figured if I didn't like the Montage I could always sell it and make $500 or so, but so far a LOVE the build quality. Best action I have tried (and I tried them all). WAY better build quality that the Kronos 88, but I still might get the Kronos LS (I have to try the keybed first).

The cool thing was it was loaded with all Chick Corea's Mark V, the Bosendorfer, plus the AG Grand that sells for $99.99. It might have other libs. Still haven't gone through all the sounds yet.

Posted : 23/09/2017 4:59 pm
Michele

The price of Montage, at least here in Italy, has always been too high for my expectations - mostly if compared to the Kronos one, which offers 9 Synth Engines instead of 2.
I remember my first approach with the real Montage 7, not YT videos or tech specs, was in November 2016. At the time the sales manager made me an offer for 3230,00€ (approximately 3800 USD) but I declined because it was out of range, in a word excessive, although it was lastest arrival.
In my humble opinion a Montage 7 should cost around 2500,00/2700,00€ to be really competitive. A price tag of 3999,00€ (i.e. 4700 USD) is simply crazy.

Then, Montage price, thanks to some on-line musical instrument retailers, had several fluctuations and around 4-6 months ago dropped to a more affordable one. This fact forced also physical shops to lower their prices. When the Montage 7 price was under 2850,00€ (i.e. 3370 USD) I bought it immediately.
Now prices have raised again but I don't know how many Montage will be sold, at least in Italy, if we represent a niche market within a bigger niche.

Posted : 01/10/2017 3:33 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us