Notifications
Clear all

Where is the software editor?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Ben
Topic starter

I'm looking for something similar to the Motif XS software editor.

I could select patches and edit them, it communicates in real time with the Motif. I don't see anything like that for the Montage, could someone help me out?

Montage Connect apparently doesn't work that way, the Motif XF editor won't seem to connect to the Montage, and the John Melas Performance editor looks completely clunky and inefficient. I can't browse/select/edit patches in any meaningful way.

Posted : 13/05/2018 1:11 am
 Ben
Topic starter

Looking more through this site and others, it appears there is no software editor?

Wow, that seems like a major oversight. I bought the Montage assuming there was one just like other Yamaha keyboards and other brands.

Love the sounds in the Yamaha, but not having that ability is a major drawback for me. Might have to sell it for the XF or Kronos.

Posted : 13/05/2018 8:01 pm

there is a software editor for the montage that was recently released.. don't know the name maybe someone can chime in..

Posted : 13/05/2018 8:26 pm
 Andy
Eminent Member

John Melas released his Montage tools and Total Library software sometime ago. Well worth it as his software works great with the Montage as it did for the Motif XF. His Montage Waveform editor which is supposed to be released in June looks to be essential. I gladly will pay for software that works! I have found that generally the free editing software that is included with various keyboards such as the free editors for the Yamaha XF, Korg Kronos and Kurzweil Forte to be lacking and often buggy.

Posted : 14/05/2018 1:52 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us