Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Which DAW are you using with your Montage?

19 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

No dongle needed for the free Cubase AI 8 that ships with Montage.

Posted : 09/02/2017 8:15 am
Ron
 Ron
Eminent Member

Hi In my case , i never was a DAW user or fan the only thing that it brings me is a very pain full mouse arm - hand. for me the modern DAWs software are way to complex to could have fun on making multi track recording - music production projects , i did try them all cubase - sonar - ableton -logic - pro tools. and all did not can do wat i really want. that is also the main reason why i always and still do love my good old Yamaha motif xs -xf ,while these boards can do all the things, that a daw can do . means if you know how to use all the amazing built in functions the final results can be even better then when use a DAW any way but so once in a while and now with the new Montage you do need a DAW for your mult track recordings mix edits mastering etc etc . so when i want to use my motif and my montage i have a awesome simple option i use a more then 10 year old sort of a daw software program that can do all things on a very easy and simple way without any problems and works just fine i use the most easy to use - [ Cool Edit Pro 2.0 ] a multi track audio - midi sequencer recording mix- edit - master software that always works and even can convert your recordings to a audio wave and ore Mp3 file works fine with the steinberg usb and montage audio interface . !!

Posted : 09/02/2017 6:20 pm
Eminent Member

Harold wrote:

No go to DAW as of Yet
Testing
Logic Pro x, Cubase 9 Artist, Reason 9, Pro tools/first. considering checking out Studio one and also purchasing Pro tools Full version it seems to intergrate with MIDI routing via 16 channel Performances MIDI REC ON DAW template

Update: upgraded to Studio one 3 Pro from Studio one 2 Producer so far so good , Im loving it easy MIDI setup routing DAW to Montage not crazy about Instrument VST. You can drag and drop Vst effects and Instrument without a glitch without stopping while creating and laying down tracks.

Cubase 9 Artist you can't do this without getting glitches, the remote IC for iPad for cubase 9 is troublesome to setup and won 'detect within the IC App, while Studio One 3 remote app for iPad does this automatically and is flawless.

For now My go to is Logic Pro x and Studio One 3 still waiting for Akai to release MPC 2.0 DAW Software before My final verdict.

Took a Snap shot of the Implementation for external hardware setup.

Posted : 19/02/2017 6:32 pm
Eminent Member

Harold wrote:

No go to DAW as of Yet
Testing
Logic Pro x, Cubase 9 Artist, Reason 9, Pro tools/first. considering checking out Studio one and also purchasing Pro tools Full version it seems to intergrate with MIDI routing via 16 channel Performances MIDI REC ON DAW template

Update: upgraded to Studio one 3 Pro from Studio one 2 Producer so far so good , Im loving it easy MIDI setup routing DAW to Montage not crazy about Instrument VST. You can drag and drop Vst effects and Instrument without a glitch without stopping while creating and laying down tracks.

Cubase 9 Artist you can't do this without getting glitches, the remote IC for iPad for cubase 9 is troublesome to setup and won 'detect within the IC App, while Studio One 3 remote app for iPad does this automatically and is flawless.

For now My go to is Logic Pro x and Studio One 3 still waiting for Akai to release MPC 2.0 DAW Software before My final verdict.

Took a Snap shot of the Implementation for external hardware setup.

Attached files

Posted : 19/02/2017 6:33 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us