Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Will there be any more tech talk live streams?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

As per the title, there hasn't been one of these for a couple of weeks now. I believe the first cancellation was due to events in America but was hoping for them to start up again afterwards 🙂

Posted : 10/06/2020 6:18 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not that this means anything, but Sony rescheduled a launch event to 6/11/2020 in order to "give space" for world events to have a platform without directing too much attention away, vice-versa (too much attention away from the launch), or otherwise seeming insensitive. I've seen much debate on what should and should not be businesses' role in civil rights debates or social issues. My personal opinion is that it's noble to step aside and have announcements in a relative calm. I do think there are bigger fish to fry than a keyboard firmware update and managed just fine without a youtube live event walking through what's been fairly well advertised/described through other means.

I'm sure they'll start back up soon enough. It would have been nice to have some form of official statement to explain and set expectations rather than a 404 error for days. The tea leaves weren't too difficult to read on this one, though.

Spinning this positively - it's nice to hear that there are others out there who dig the live streams and find value in them. That's got to be worth something.

Posted : 10/06/2020 8:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us