Notifications
Clear all

wireless headphones too much delay

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Anyone;
I purchased a new Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headset and an Aluratek Bluetooth Audio transmitter. Total cost of $400 to use with my new Montage 8 . My new kitten loves to play with the cord on the old headset so that was my excuse for the investment. Anyways, I was able to pair the headset with the Bluetooth transmitter but there is such a delay from when the notes are played on the Montage to when I hear the note in the headset that this just won't work. If anyone knows how I can eliminate this delay, I would be most grateful. Otherwise, I will need to return my purchase and get rid of Buddy the kitten. He's really cute too!
Daniel

Posted : 18/03/2017 6:03 pm
 Stu
Trusted Member

Yes, Bluetooth is unacceptable in this application. What does work are the wireless headphones made for TV watching. They use a different RF transmission method that has less delay. I'm currently using a pair made by Sennheiser. There is still a bit of a delay but it's quite useable. They're not cheap unfortunately.

Posted : 19/03/2017 3:45 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you're going to be gigging at any time - in ear monitors are going to "pop up" as a choice for monitoring system with different bands. Even if the band supplies the wireless equipment, you're often burdened with purchasing the earphones themselves for sanitary reasons (for starters).

Beyond that, you may find the isolation and ability to affect the mix using in ear monitors "grows" on you under even situations where more conventional monitoring systems are available.

There are wireless versions of IEMs (in ear monitors) and have already been designed to function as near zero latency devices. Perhaps take a look at wireless IEM systems as a possible solution. This is not likely to run cheap - but may eventually kill two birds, which you can treat your cat to.

Posted : 19/03/2017 5:10 am
Topic starter

Thanks to all, I returned the purchase for a full refund. Buddy is still here but no longer allowed in the studio. I will research your suggestions. Thanks again for your time, Daniel

Posted : 19/03/2017 5:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us