Notifications
Clear all

working with Logic Pro 9, Yosemite OS X, Montage 7

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mel
Topic starter

I have Montage 7 connected to my iMac via USB to Host. Montage audio outs go thru Soundcraft 22 MultiTrack unit also connected to same computer via USB cable. I am familiar with MIDI channel allocations. When I play into a track with Montage I see where input is recognizing notes being played. When I play test input into track, Logic records the track and can play it back thru Montage out speakers connected to Montage.

I must be missing something. My goal is to compose musical tracks in Logic 9 using sounds in Montage as opposed to using computer virtual sounds, i.e., Kontakt, Apple loops, I am having problems starting with tracks labeled Inst 1, Inst 2, and so on playing back sounds in Montage as selected by me thru Montage's graphic interface. For example:select Bass preset in Montage track 1 - then play that preset into track, track being laid down as I'm playing. When go to play back, the note are accurate as played, but not with the bass preset that I have selected. Same with later tracks, 2-3-4......I have used UTILITY and selected MIDI in/out USB, MIDI Rec to DAW

Need HELP. Have read forum here but even tho I understand MIDI as from the old days, and have had no trouble recording tracks in Logic with 49 key controller, using virtual sounds in past, I can't seem to do this with Montage. My Montage replaces that 49 key controller. All opinions and answers will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Posted : 02/02/2017 9:13 pm
Bad Mister

Please see the following article on setting up Montage with Logic Pro:

Connecting Montage and Logic Pro

Posted : 02/02/2017 11:32 pm
 Mel
Topic starter

Thanks for the answer. Much appreciated,

Posted : 03/02/2017 10:14 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us