Clear all

yamaha downloads links does not work for me

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

It does not work. Is it because is am in the frog'country, France or because I use an androids tablet ? I like to download the firmware and drivers. Thanks

Posted : 13/07/2016 4:05 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi Natalini, i'm in France like you and the links for download work fine for me, i have just tried now the usb midi/audio driver, 10Mo donwload in less than 1 minute.
I'm on windows 10 computer desktop, so perhaps it's a problem with Androïd Tablet, i do not have one, i cannot test.

Do you have check the box "Oui j'accepte" on the bottom of the download page for the usb driver and the firmware before to clic on the "download box" ?

Posted : 13/07/2016 5:13 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Yes, I checked. It is not first time, may be it is android, then? Thank you.

Posted : 13/07/2016 5:16 pm
Michel
Eminent Member

I can confirm that the Yamaha download site is broken on various Android browsers.

The javascript doesn't process correctly and nothing happens when you click a download.

Posted : 13/07/2016 6:11 pm
Bad Mister

"Various Android devices"... Maybe I'm missing something... But there are no Android drivers for you to download. Surely whatever you are looking at clearly reads for what type of computer you need to have to use the driver in question.

Windows or Mac!
Not Android.

You need a Windows computer or laptop, or you need a Macintosh computer or laptop.

Or you can connect an iOS (Apple) iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch... These require no specific driver _ they use what Apple provides...

Android is not a supported device.

Posted : 14/07/2016 11:06 am
Michel
Eminent Member

Bad Mister - yes, you're missing something obvious and terribly important:

The Yamaha Montage doesn't ship with printed manuals. A lot of people have Android devices which they may wish to use to read PDF's.

Posted : 16/07/2016 10:52 am
Bad Mister

Bad Mister - yes, you're missing something obvious and terribly important:

The Yamaha Montage doesn't ship with printed manuals. A lot of people have Android devices which they may wish to use to read PDF's.

I've downloaded all the Montage PDF documents for my Android device, and just verified that it is possible (no problem with the download link for me). We were talking about apps for Android operating system, Androids have no issue reading PDF documents, as far as I know.

Posted : 16/07/2016 3:49 pm
Michel
Eminent Member

I found an older Android device (4.4) whose stock browser worked, but on three Android 6 devices (S6, Galaxy Nexus, Moto G) downloading doesn't work even with 3 different browsers.

Posted : 16/07/2016 5:09 pm
Bad Mister

That is your experience, not necessarily true for all. My device is nexus works fine downloading the PDF manuals. You should contact support for your particular device. It should not be unable to download PDFs - there is nothing extraordinary about PDFs.

Posted : 16/07/2016 8:43 pm
Michel
Eminent Member

Bad Mister - the Yamaha download pages use peculiar javascript to authenticate and initiate downloads. I could see how certain newer browsers may choke up. This isn't just a regular download link which links to a file on a server.

Is your nexus device running Android 6?

Although the downloader script runs on PC's, the debugger console shows these errors which could be causing problems on newer Android browsers:

[code type=markup]Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. jquery-1.3.2.min.js:12:12149
Use of attributes' nodeValue attribute is deprecated. Use value instead.[/code]

Posted : 16/07/2016 10:20 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

I have 2 Samsung products both running Android 6 and have no problems with the pdfs. When I click on the name of the file in the list of downloads it "downloads" it to the internal memory of the tablet and I can read it with whatever pdf reader app I have.

Posted : 16/07/2016 10:30 pm
Bad Mister

Is your nexus device running Android 6?

Yes. Android 6.0.1, no issues. Sorry, you'll have to contact the maker of your Android devices.

Posted : 16/07/2016 11:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us