Clear all

Yamaha is announcing (2) new products on 9/5/2023

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Someone posted it but I still can't find that memo. However we still do not know which they are of the (3).

Posted : 30/08/2023 3:59 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Cat is already out of the bag for this one - FinGer Drum Pads (2 models).

Should lay to rest the "FGDP" speculation about digital pianos or "FG" being part of the folk guitar (acoustic) line. The one wish that it had something to do with "FDSP" I always thought didn't make sense. It was only based on 3 of the letters being the same but didn't make much sense to me.

This is based on the teaser from Yamaha having an icon. That icon being registered in Europe as FGDP. And then shipment details from Japan on the two FDSP models that were previously listed in the warranty registration page.

Posted : 31/08/2023 4:00 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

They look cool and well thought out. If they are up to the usually high standards of Yamaha I can see these being a useful addition. Especially for the (very) few people who would like to see these built into a keyboard, now they can add one of these. 😀

Posted : 05/09/2023 8:26 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Yeah I already made fun of these on Yamaha Musician as follows: I also made the mistake of watching those videos. OMG!

It has finally arrived after all this time! And with high res photo to boot, or no I still can't read the labeling. This is a fake!

Now I'm not much of a finger pad drummer guy but these are about as boring looking as back in the 1970s. At least model one has a display.

Yamaha's lack of artistic enthusiasm and creativity is suffering. I hope this designer didn't design the Montage M. Unit 30 looks like a built-in intercom from the 70s yet those might have had krome accents as this does not.

My second negative observation is why on earth would you buy the 30 if the other is available? How much cost difference could there possibly be?

A kid on the playground using the 30 is definitely going to get bullied. I'm at the very least buying the advanced intercom with colors.

Thirdly, is that a single monophonic speaker just like an intercom? Yamaha actually placed their logo on these items in the year 2023. Sad.

Now we have our answer as to why the Montage, as opposed to the Fantom, will never have finger pads.

After Roland and Korg see this and stop laughing they will top it handily.

Compare to Novation Circuit Rhythm Groovebox and Standalone Sampler

Posted : 06/09/2023 12:18 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us