Notifications
Clear all

You're all invited to the all new Unofficial MONTAGE Community Forums at

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi everyone,
We've decided to open an independent, unofficial, Forum website centered ONLY on Yamaha MONTAGE. We just bought a domain - montageforums.com!
We've got all forum subcategories cleared, and starting to upload content! LOTS TO COME!
I really wish to make the forum a real community, a place where we can share sounds, communicate with each other, share techniques and all.
Please have a look and even better - be the first to SUBSCRIBE!
Thanks to this nice forum here. Looking forward to see you all.
http://montageforums.com/

Posted : 15/11/2017 10:40 pm
Topic starter

Our intention is to save the Montage information for years to come. to make some sense out of all information available online! and it's only for the sake of having a real community for this instrument, something that's sorely lacking today - have a look at the Kronos forum at KorgForums!

Our intention is to preserve, but much more - share free sounds between users, share techniques and interesting topics. Imagine a person buying a Montage in 10 years time - without a proper forum / community, what will be preserved? so it's all up to us, the users, to make it what it can be. Thanks again!

Posted : 15/11/2017 11:30 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Sheila - would you say that your Group is complementary to this Group? More for amateur 'home' players? This Group has truly knowledgeable members who have patiently helped me to grapple with this awesome machine, so there's no way I would change to another. It is, however, aimed squarely at music professionals, rather than dabblers, with different interests and purposes to mine. So an 'amateur' Group that ran amicably alongside this Group would be of interest to me so long as it had the approval of Yamaha - which shouldn't be a problem, given that we're all Yamaha devotees - just another string to their bow!

I do admire your pluck! I've long lamented the absence of any cohesive Group for the Tyros (and now Genos) range, but the thought of starting my own was just too much - I don't know enough about them, either!

Posted : 16/11/2017 9:50 am
Topic starter

This is written in the About section of montageforums.com -

We're a group of people, who since many years are dedicated to Yamaha keyboards and lately, the Yamaha MONTAGE.

Remember the Yamaha EX5? That's right, this was the flagship workstation from Yamaha back in 1998. What's noticable about it today, in 2017, is that even now after almost 20 (!) years after release, ton of information is available freely, in an easy to search manner, in the community EX5Tech forums. The most amazing thing about it was the fact the community shared soundsets between them, reaching a comprehensive library of almost 100 user soundsets, probably more than 10,000 amazing voices / patches, available for free! until today. Here, have a look for yourself!

THIS is what we want the MONTAGE community to be. We want to fill that hole and have a thriving community to share ideas, sounds and information. Easily distinguishable forums split by sections that make sense. A community after all, is something that's developed within itself. It should be organic in nature and we know it.

As of today, there's no real community forum for MONTAGE. The official Yamaha forum is great, and we can happily co-exist next to each other. Some of our problems were that older information is hard to find in that forum system. Users can't interact between themselves, message each other, etc. All in all, it feels as its best purpose is technical support from Yamaha. and that's great for what it is and we appreciate it very much.

The MONTAGE is one of the best synths we ever had from Yamaha. Let's share it all between us and make it even greater!

So all in all, both forums can exist in the space. We're glad to have a great resource such as Yamahasynth, but we, the community, want to make that stage better and larger. Just take a look at the new forums to understand what was done.
http://montageforums.com

Posted : 20/11/2017 8:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us