Clear all

2 Questions for Mr. Phil

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Venkatesh
Topic starter

Hi Phil,

I managed to get a XF6 from Japan and I am very happy with it. I also bought the whole set of your videos from keyfax 🙂

I have 2 questions below

1. Are there any white paper on how to create a user arpeggio in detail ? If so., kindly let me know
2. How to change the SMF file's instruments to XF instruments ? (some detailed explanation appreciated)

Posted : 19/05/2016 5:56 am
Bad Mister

1- Please see the Motif XF area under RESOURCES here on this site, for several articles on Arpeggios.

2- if you start with a GM file start playback -let he program changes take place... STORE the Mixing setup so you have a record of what the author intended for each part. Then you can remove the bank select and program changes, and substitute the sounds you desire.

A couple of tips: Yamaha basses are an octave different from GM basses as we place the lowest note of the bass E so it is accessible without transposing the keyboard.

If the programmer used Filter Cutoff and Resonance like an EQ to brighten a sound you may find it howls like a banshee when it hits the XF steep filters.

Posted : 19/05/2016 8:17 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us