Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Alternative to Cubase

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I know you provided and recommend Cubase for recording with the Yamaha XS but I really don't find it user friendly at all. I hate it in fact. I really want to use mixcraft instead but all I can get is a piano voice to play through mixcraft. Everything comes out piano. Is there a way to get the vst into mixcraft or another DAW?

Posted : 21/03/2016 6:42 am
Bad Mister

You can use any DAW you are comfortable with... Cubase is a pro software and is only a suggestion, although it is a great way to learn about creating music with a computer based system.

We recommend you place your module in the multi-timbral mode, MULTI, when attempting to use multiple sounds on multiple MIDI Channels.
Press [MULTI] to allow separate Parts on separate MIDI channels. It is up to you to select a different Voice for each of the 16 Parts. In an initialized MULTI, each Part is assigned a successively higher MIDI Channel, 1-16.

That should get you started. Sorry. We can't help you with your DAW (never heard of it). But if you have questions about configuring the Motif-Rack XS, we'd be happy to help. Is that the product you are asking about? You posted in the Rack XS Forum... But you are not clear on whether you are talking about the rack or the keyboard.

The Motif-Rack VST Editor and/or the Motif XS VST Editor can be run with any DAW that is VST3 compatible; check the documentation of your program for "VST3" compatibility. This compatibility will allow for the advanced integration routing that allows audio to be returned to the computer via a specific routing scenario (it also requires an audio interface in order to take full advantage of all the features).

Are you using an audio interface?
Do you have an FW16E installed?
What is your ultimate goal, recording MIDI, recording Audio, recording both MIDI and audio?

Posted : 21/03/2016 12:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us