Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Are Motif XF sounds compatible with the XS-Rack?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Reed
Topic starter

Are Motif XF sounds compatible with the XS-Rack? I'm selling my Motif XF6 because I do the majority of sequencing in Digital Performer and I didn't want to lose the sounds that I've bought. Also, is there any way to port over the extra sounds that come stock in the XF to the XS-rack?

Posted : 27/02/2017 7:42 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Reed,
While the Motif XF has many of the same sounds as found in the Motif-Rack XS; it expanded on the basic XS series library. The Motif XF did include additional Wave ROM (XF 741MB, Rack XS 355MB), new arpeggios, and an additional USER Bank of 128 locations... but the main difference between the XF and the Rack XS will be the expansion capability (or the lack of one for the Rack XS). The Motif XF had optional FLASH BOARD expansion for up to 2GB of new Waveforms... there is no sample expansion option for such in the Rack XS, at all.

The Rack XS (2008) cannot load data generated on a Motif XF (2010) - point being there is no way for the new products data to be loaded into the older product. Sorry.
A Montage 6, on the other hand, will be able to load your Motif XF sounds, and any extra sounds you purchased... Plus it has all the sounds found in the Motif XF!
Just have to point that out just for the record.

Posted : 27/02/2017 9:10 pm
Reed
 Reed

Ok, thank you for the fast reply. Looks like ill be coping a Montage in the near future. Any chance Yamaha will come out with a rack version of the Montage; for those that don't really need another keyboard but love those sounds?

Posted : 28/02/2017 5:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us