Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Auditioning a Voice Library in User Ram and restoring ALL DATA file.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Brian
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I mistakenly posted this in the wrong category, so I'm re-posting my questions here where it should be.

Hello Forum,

I wanted to try something I had not tried before - to LOAD a Voice Library with 126 MB of Samples to my USER RAM to audition the Voices. Once I had done that, I wanted to LOAD my ALL DATA file to restore everything back to the way it was before I did the audition. Assuming I wanted to keep that Voice library, I would ultimately LOAD the Library to Flash.

The audition went as expected and I found the Voices and Performances where the Library's instructions said they would be. I loaded this as an 'All' file as I had no concerns about overwriting Voices, Performance, Masters, Patterns, etc because I planned to use my ALL DATA file to restore the configuration I originally had, which included Samples in FL1.

Before I did the audition, I made sure I had saved two ALL DATA files: One was an ALL DATA Without Samples, and the other was an ALL DATA With Samples. Understanding that the Samples remain in Flash until I either Delete those Samples or re-format the Flash module. So, I decided to use the ALL DATA file Without Samples to do that. In the LOAD settings, I selected FL1>Without Sample, because all that Sample data was already in FL1. OK, it did restore my original configuration, but this time upon viewing the files in FL1, now there were additional Waveform files as well as the original Sample Data from the two Libraries I originally had loaded.

Not understanding why this was, I did an experiment - a failed one at that. I deleted the .wav files from FL1. My thinking was this: If those .wav files were not there before I auditioned the new Voice library, why did I need them there this time? Well, apparently I did, because the Piano Library I originally had loaded would not play now. So, clearly there is something I do not understand about this.

For a second experiment - and I had not tried this before either - I deleted everything from FL1 to start from 'scratch and LOADED my ALL DATA With Samples. I was successful in restoring everything back to the Motif. Upon looking in FL1 again, those .wav files were not there, just like it was before I started this exercise. All Voices and Performances played properly, so I am now back where I started.

What was I doing wrong here? Should I have selected FL1>none when LOADING my file "ALL DATA Without Samples". Is there another setting I should have selected? Obviously, I do not want to have to delete everything in FL1 in order to restore my Archive, but it is clear I missed something important when trying to LOAD my ALL DATA Without Samples.

Can someone offer an explanation as to what might have happened here?

thanks in advance,
Brian

Posted : 10/08/2015 4:05 pm
Bad Mister

Answered in your other thread

Posted : 12/08/2015 7:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us